Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person  (Read 3229 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« on: September 28, 2007, 03:43:56 am »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:32:40 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 03:49:09 am »

Happy birthday to our well traveled, literary, talented, and lovably off-kilter Canadian playwright.  May the next year bring you the satisfaction, contentment and excitement you deserve!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 04:09:55 am »

Smells
you are rad to the max. to the extreme
as I said before, you are younger than I thought, and I mean that in the most positive way possible. You have the Wisdom of a Wise Old Lady, but are still hot and young. Mm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 04:32:24 am »

Golly we're lucky you hang around here, Smells.  Thanks.  Have a happy one.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 04:41:21 am »

This board is a lot richer wth you here. Happy Birthday.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 05:22:40 am »

Smells, you are a jewel, and I'm glad I met you. Happy birthday.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 05:44:50 am »

Happy Birthday Mel, may your troubles always be in the past.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 06:24:17 am »

Mel, you kick much ass. Have a rockin' birthday. We are so glad to have you around here!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 06:38:11 am »

Quote
Happy Birthday Mel, may your troubles always be in the past.

Smells is a time-traveling do-gooder. You say "I hope your troubles are behind you," and she says "You have no idea" and winks at the camera before the credits roll.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 07:00:18 am »

I wish you a happy birthday, too.

I don't have anything clever to add, though.

It is late and all. But happy birthday nonetheless!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 08:17:01 am »

Happy birthday smells, I'm drinking a beer for you.
Well for me, but also for you.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 01:11:28 pm »

Ahh.. thank you all.

I was a good day.  I got some beautiful jewelry, a Sigg bottle, the new Weakerthans CD and some Cote d'or chocolate.  Also I went to this high class all-you-can eat sushi place with the SO and had a romantic evening.  Also I got loving calls from the SO's grandma and mom and got to talk to his sister too.  I've made some really hard choices over the past few weeks that have lead to real freedom for the first time in my life.  So, yeah, life is pretty sweet.

I actually had an experience yesterday which sort of sums up the last year of my life in a way:

I was sitting at a bus stop after work on the main drag of my city.  My iPod was playing "Hey Jude." A van pulled up at the bus stop to drop some ladies off, not noticing the giant semi-behind it going full speed, not anticipating that a vehicle would stop in the middle of the road.  The semi blares its horn and slams on the breaks and the ladies in the van shriek in horror.  The semi screeches to a halt just before hitting the van.  The ladies in the van look at me, their faces still uncertain if something horrible has happened.  We both see each other's faces and realize that by some miracle all is well.  I grin, they grin back.  "naaah, nah, nah, na na na nah. Nah nah nah nah, hey Jude!"  It's a lovely moment of humanity where three strangers all connect with each other on a human level like that.  We all giggle as the ladies get out of the van and run of down the street, off into the distance.  The semi-driver shakes his head.  The van and semi drive off.  Catastrophe avoided.  Life goes on.

Sad fact:  Onstad has only posted a comic on my birthday three times, all three were mediocre. None were posted last year or this year.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 04:40:54 pm »

(can'd for having the same birthday!)

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 05:00:22 pm »

I was sitting at a bus stop after work on the main drag of my city.  My iPod was playing "Hey Jude." A van pulled up at the bus stop to drop some ladies off, not noticing the giant semi-behind it going full speed, not anticipating that a vehicle would stop in the middle of the road.  The semi blares its horn and slams on the breaks and the ladies in the van shriek in horror.  The semi screeches to a halt just before hitting the van.  The ladies in the van look at me, their faces still uncertain if something horrible has happened.  We both see each other's faces and realize that by some miracle all is well.  I grin, they grin back.  "naaah, nah, nah, na na na nah. Nah nah nah nah, hey Jude!"  It's a lovely moment of humanity where three strangers all connect with each other on a human level like that.  We all giggle as the ladies get out of the van and run of down the street, off into the distance.  The semi-driver shakes his head.  The van and semi drive off.  Catastrophe avoided.  Life goes on.

Smells, that is so vivid.  I feel like I was there.

♫ Take a sad song and make it better ♫
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Something for my Favourite Fictionary Internet Person
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 08:34:43 pm »

Smells, that is so vivid.  I feel like I was there.

♫ Take a sad song and make it better ♫

"Hey Jude" is like my theme song these days. 

"And any time you feel the pain, hey, Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
Well don't you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder?"

All great advice.  It's an incredibly comforting song all round.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up