Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)  (Read 3458 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:32:51 am »

This one... wow. I know I'm just some pissant from Akron, but, my paw taught me that if something is worth doing it's worth doing right. Does this even count as a comic?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 09:45:36 am »

Well I guess he had to look through the archives... maybe?
Actually I don't mind this one, for a start I can't remember the Beef-as-eraserhead strip so I'm going to have to archive diving.

Well damnit that was quick.
As convenient as ohno***** is it somehow removes the joy from olde-thimee archive trauling.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 09:53:37 am »

PS congrats Achewood on 6 years. Do not think I don't value you, you good comic you.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 01:16:08 pm »

This is kind of interesting, but yeah, I'm not sure it counts as a comic.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 01:31:59 pm »

This would be an interesting strip if the characters had changed one iota over the course of 6 years.  but it's all computer cut and paste now.  It's not like he has to draw that shit everyday.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 02:41:28 pm »

MORE FAT CHICKS
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 02:52:04 pm »

Philippe totally looks different. His ##### line up better now.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 02:59:38 pm »

BOO TO THAT
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 03:04:03 pm »

Quote from: theinevitable
my paw taught me that if something is worth doing it's worth doing right.

QFI*.

(*irony)

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 08:07:02 pm »

I may be going out on a limb here, but this is one bull shit retrospective. Two words for emphasis.

If it were some kind of interactive, where you could click on one or two panels and see some great insight into what 'Stad put into making that comic...shit, even a sketchbook scan... that would be one thing, but I'm just not feelin' this one. It doesn't even show all the damn characters, although I guess I'll infer that this shows the core of Onstad's lineup. Buy another shirt or perhaps some hot sauce.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 08:28:30 pm »

Bah! I am dissatisfied with my free entertainment today.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 08:29:17 pm »

Philippe totally looks different. His ****** line up better now.

Plus he has legs now! Legs!

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 08:34:39 pm »

Maybe the joke is that the characters have barely changed in appearance over the course of six years?

Nah, that's a reach. The joke here is that Onstad apparently enjoyed his weekend a little too much.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 08:45:38 pm »

Plus if you spend $50 at the store, you get a free 6th Anniversary t-shirt.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 09:45:46 pm »

I want to get a black sharpie and write "Free the" on Teodor's forehead.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up