Some stuff I have been listening to lately:
Devendra Banhart: Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon - This album is nothing short of amazing. I was a fan before, but after listening to this and seeing him last night I am a full-fledged zealot. The man is incredibly creative, you can hear the immense joy he gets from creating music in every track, he is an amazing showman and he has no inhibitions. Notable tracks: Seahoss, Lover, Carmencita, The Other Woman
Camera Obscura: Let's Get Out of This Country - This has been out for a while but if you haven't heard it yet by all means get it. I used to think they were a poor man's
Belle and Sebastian but this CD has not only changed my opinion of them, but has also stolen some of my love for their Scottish twins. This is, IMO, better than B+S's latest effort.
The Ditty Bops: Moon Over the Freeway - I was turned onto this pair by Paul's lovely photos of this lovely photogenic duo. Great harmonizing and some catchy lyrics. A bit inconsistant, but the title track is worth the purchase price Also the track
Short Stacks from their self-titled is great.
Edit:
Limited Time Offer - I see eMusic hasn't gotten a hold of Devendra's latest CD yet so here it is:
http://tiA-CAPrl.com/2racvfI'm going to have to take this down probably tomorrow so grab it while you can.