Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: October 02, 2007 - 2052  (Read 10859 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
October 02, 2007 - 2052
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:20:21 am »

Permalink!

So no flaming gayness in Teódor's future, eh (although he does seem to be taking better care of himself in his late years...).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 11:20:41 pm by V-Adore »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:25:13 am »

Does he die jogging?



Also, Ray looks really sweet in the 2039 one.  Roast Beefs gave me a little chuckle I guess, besides that mainly laughed because I interpreted the question I asked to be a yes.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 09:57:56 am »

I wonder if 2031 Philippe's look of troubled bemusement is a result of trying to understand why Teodor isn't around anymore.

Actually, speaking of Philippe, he looks disturbingly smug in his last panel... as though he has finally rid his world of all the Problems adults have and is now free to make jelly beans however he pleases.

I never did trust that otter.

ack-47

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 10:49:11 am »

I can't tell if that's Molly or Beef. Either is just weird (after all that, what could possibly make Molly leave? And Beef... well, doesn't strike me as the transgendered sort, born semi-intersexed or no.)

And Philippe... God, Philippe is five. It is sad to think that all of the guest strips about Philippe being old are off the mark, because Philippe is five.

NOT SHOWN: Pat defeated in re-election bid (R-CA), LN 'experimenting' in college and settling down with Chuckle Bot, Nice Pete smoking a whole mess of meth and dying eighty years old at the typewriter, Doc Andretti's Magreux Dog wearing his Nobel prize for cybernetic ears, Todd's scheme to shake down the Dude and Catastrophe for protection money going horribly awry, Lyle earning tenure.
Logged

ack-47

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 10:58:09 am »

Vlad smiling knowingly at a stack of grainy photos of Todd, cashing his weekly blackmail check from Corny.

Envelope, finally pulling up his Re-Elect Pat sign, noticing a suspicious smell - almost like rotten squirrel - and getting his trowel.

Blister chillin' with Mao back in heaven.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 11:50:52 am »

This strip totally pays off yesterday. Oh Onstad, forgive my hubris for doubting thee.

Also, it's Molly. She leaves, Beef dies. That's how it goes.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 11:55:33 am »

Oh shit, i didn't even recognize Ray;s ears cut off.  Took me a while of wondering why his head looked different in the lecture pic to figure out what was really easy to figure out by looking at either side of that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 01:18:04 pm »

I can't tell if that's Molly or Beef. Either is just weird (after all that, what could possibly make Molly leave? And Beef... well, doesn't strike me as the transgendered sort, born semi-intersexed or no.)

And Philippe... God, Philippe is five. It is sad to think that all of the guest strips about Philippe being old are off the mark, because Philippe is five.

NOT SHOWN: Pat defeated in re-election bid (R-CA), LN 'experimenting' in college and settling down with Chuckle Bot, Nice Pete smoking a whole mess of meth and dying eighty years old at the typewriter, Doc Andretti's Magreux Dog wearing his Nobel prize for cybernetic ears, Todd's scheme to shake down the Dude and Catastrophe for protection money going horribly awry, Lyle earning tenure.

It is Molly... see how her nose is white and very different from Beef's? What is she doing, identifying his body? Or is she in the hospital with him as he dies of heart failure?

This strip totally pays off yesterday. Oh Onstad, forgive my hubris for doubting thee.

Also, it's Molly. She leaves, Beef dies. That's how it goes.

Dammit, once again... I say snarky things about a strip, and the next day I'm proven totally wrong as I'm handed incredible, crazy-fuckin'-genius-hilarious entertainment by Mr. Onstad.

It looks like Beef goes a similar route to Rustmouth, except he gives in to alcohol and pills and dies an early death. I love how Ray got some sort of crazy accident that leaves him earless... and then Teodor gets obese, loses the weight, and then dies early anyway. El Diabetes is just too much for his system. And Philippe...well, he's so much younger than everyone else in the strip, plus he's the Eternal Child archetype anyway. Great, great strip. I lol'ed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 01:21:07 pm by linnea »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 01:23:05 pm »

It is Molly... see how her nose is white and very different from Beef's? What is she doing, identifying his body? Or is she in the hospital with him as he dies of heart failure?

I think she's leaving him because of his drug problem. She looks pissed. And apparently she was the last thing keeping him alive.
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 02:06:32 pm »

I just noticed Roast Beef is the only dead one without a grave. I guess that's suitably depressing, not to mention the inverse void box.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 02:07:38 pm »

OMG, this is depressing. I want to go back to bed and crawl under a blanket for the rest of the day. Thanks, Mr Onstad.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 02:11:58 pm »

HELL of glad to see Beef smoking cigarettes again.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 02:14:56 pm »

OMG, this is depressing. I want to go back to bed and crawl under a blanket for the rest of the day. Thanks, Mr Onstad.

same reaction here. I dont need my morning funny to remind me of my mortality and struggle.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 02:18:41 pm »

I dont need my morning funny to remind me of my mortality and struggle.

OK, I'll say it before anyone else does: Then why the hell do we read Achewood?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: October 02, 2007 - 2052
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 02:21:45 pm »

Achewood doesnt usually have 3 dead characters, a divorce, alcoholism, obesity, ear loss, and a lonely otter all in one strip without a single line of speak.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up