Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)  (Read 3483 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« on: October 04, 2007, 06:12:19 am »

Goodness gracious.

I never want to do cocaine, especially not now. What if I ate a lady's sexy underwear?
The Comic is Pretty Funny, but not Laugh Out Loud funny.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 07:17:18 am »

Onstad has juxtaposed two unrelated concepts - Emeril and self-inflicted whale tail-ectomies.  It's surprising because he is so nice !

Todd is exactly the kind of bullshit little man who would go to Jelq-Con.  Do they actually have a convention for that?  I'm hoping it's just a humorous contrivance of the author's.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 01:15:49 pm »

A convention for a singe product?  That seems unlikely.  A quick search of Jelq Con brings up a bunch of Spanish language sites selling it. 

I don't really like the Todd strips.  Where the hell's the wedding?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 04:14:23 pm »

I don't really like the Todd strips.  Where the hell's the wedding?

QFT.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 05:00:12 pm »

This machine, on the other hand is giddy with anticipation of Ray and Tod in Vegas.

Hijinks!

And yeah, cocaine is bad news.  Its primary effect is the desire to do more cocaine.  Stick to abusing your ADD meds, like the normal kids.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 06:07:11 pm »

I don't really like the Todd strips.  Where the hell's the wedding?

QQFFTT..
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 09:00:44 pm »

This machine, on the other hand is giddy with anticipation of Ray and Tod in Vegas.

MODOF: Mental Organism Designed Only For Fanboying?

(I have attempted to make this post three times since yesterday. I couldn't tell you why.)
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 09:45:22 pm »

is the reason that yesterday the board was broken?

or is it some kind of therapy for something that happened to you when you were younger?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 10:06:46 pm »

I didn't do it.

Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 03:27:42 am »

I did not totally understand this strip.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 03:37:14 am »

I did not totally understand this strip.

Cliff's Notes version:

The cocaine-addicted squirrel, on a cocaine binge, calls his cat patron to explain that he has eaten a great deal of women's (presumably) underwear. The squirrel becomes paranoid that he will not be allowed on the plane because airport personnel will detect his having eaten underwear, and while the cat attempts to convince him that this is not the case, the squirrel instead panics and attempts to open his abdomen to remove the underwear, using a sharp architectural element to do so. The cat has to fly to Las Vegas to retrieve the injured, paranoid squirrel, despite the cameraman bear's concerns about punctuality.

(This would be the strip's alt-text in an ideal world where everything needed to be explained repeatedly.)
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 04:36:27 am »

And yeah, cocaine is bad news.  Its primary effect is the desire to do more cocaine.  Stick to abusing your ADD meds, like the normal kids.


OFT.

Also, I kind of perceived underwear to be a code word for coke?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 04:44:23 am »

And yeah, cocaine is bad news.  Its primary effect is the desire to do more cocaine.  Stick to abusing your ADD meds, like the normal kids.

And its so flipping expensive. Coke is the wave of the past, we live in the age of meth, people. Cheaper, longer lasting, and you can cook it in your carhold. Evolve.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 05:35:02 am »

he squirrel instead panics and attempts to open his abdomen to remove the underwear, using a sharp architectural element to do so
This is the part I didn't totally get. Did he actually do this or just threaten to? Also, whale tail-ectomy...am I missing something? It sounds vaguely like cutting something off, which seems vaguely related to Todd cutting himself, but is this choice of words simply because of the rhyme?

Edit: I looked it up. I guess whale tail is a reference to an exposed thong or some such.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 06:11:23 pm »

I thought he had eaten his own underwear.  The underwear he had packed for the trip. 

Remember when he made himself a thong? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up