Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!  (Read 11625 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 02:05:43 am »

I love music experiments like that, though.

Brian Eno does crap like that all the time... or at least used to... and Flaming Lips still do.

The idea of holding a concert by giving the audience each a machine with a music loop on it and, in total, the music changes with what the people do with their devices and... that's the concert. I love that shit.

I'm also a huge fan of how Ben Folds occasionally has the crowd "sing" the strings or horns to a song when he doesn't have those players touring with him.

That's cool - rather like the bit of "A Quick One, While He's Away" where The Who sing "cello cello cello cello cello cello cello cello" because they didn't have the money at the time to hire a cello player.

Also, there's a John Lennon track from one of his unlistenable early albums with Yoko that consists of him rapidly changing the stations on a radio.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 02:06:09 am »

Mine was down for a while due to server bills not getting paid, as well.  Glad to have her back. 

Also, A-CAP threw me for a loop too, but nobody else brought it up so I just...sucked it up. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 03:57:49 am »

Quote from: Golfhaus
I think the key to a successful avatar switch is to keep it in line with what came before.

Well, in my defense, I attempted this. I just... I just did this thing poorly, is all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 04:22:44 am »

Some folks change avatars like they change their shirt (judy, A-CAP, bobby, nabu).  Others adhere to Wombat's code.  I just haven't found one I like better than my 'roo.  It represents me on just about all the boards I post on.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 04:25:12 am »

I guess maybe there are two kinds of people - I read the name. I don't usually notice when someone changes the avatar or goes blank for awhile.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2007, 04:25:52 am »

so. people who have said they lost their avatars...

you know that one of the options is "upload file," right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2007, 04:55:27 am »

so. people who have said they lost their avatars...

you know that one of the options is "upload file," right?

OLDSCHOOL INEV!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2007, 04:59:39 am »

I changed from the googly eye to the googly-eye-as-Snidely-Whiplash some time ago, and I never changed back. Really, I should probably pick an avatar based on my personality (instead of a board joke from a very early thread), but it's grown on me.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 05:06:41 am »

You could always, like, draw Darth Vader as a sexy lady with lipstick on.

Like "Darth Vadore".

Of course, you would have to like puns as much as I do.

...very few people like puns as much as I do.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2007, 05:14:52 am »

man, i remember when someone (I want to say it was me? I might be wrong) suggested the mustache avatars. My cat and duck had little mustachios, it was cute.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 05:25:07 am »

On most of the other boards I post on I have this as my avatar:


(From this Perry Bible Fellowship comic)

It fits well because in real life I am a depressed alcoholic scientist.

When I signed up here, though, I figured I should use an Achewood avatar.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007, 05:46:41 am »

Oh! Senator Bix!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 05:53:17 am »

Damn, now I want to pull a new avatar from this comic. It is a surprisingly accurate portrayal of what rats do on drugs.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2007, 03:42:30 pm »

I feel I am doomed to a future of hamburger-viking avatars. It's a bleak future. Just do a google image search and you'll see what I mean. Seven pictures return for a "hamburger viking" search, one of them being Jack Nicholson's hirsute face in all its maniacal glory.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2007, 05:02:37 pm »

No one commented when I changed my avatar to a picture of me drinking beer out of a chicken carcass.

Well, we've got plenty of other reasons to pick on you without it. Like don't you still owe us pictures of the guinea pig?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up