Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!  (Read 11639 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2007, 05:11:45 pm »

The plan, when I changed from the Angry Baby, was to rotate my avatar among six familiar headshots. 

Alas I am too lazy and you're all stuck with Old Man.  For now.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2007, 07:33:23 pm »

theinev, I liked your kitten and duck avatar! Oh well, I guess I'd better learn to roll with the changes.

I think the key to a successful avatar switch is to keep it in line with what came before. I had Mr. Bear before, I have Mr. Bear now. The best avatar switch in recent history has to be the switch from kittyloaf to kittyloaves, though.

Fuck yes, Mattgiraffe is the best for making me the Lenny-Milan avatar. So awesome.

No one commented when I changed my avatar to a picture of me drinking beer out of a chicken carcass.
Well, we've got plenty of other reasons to pick on you without it. Like don't you still owe us pictures of the guinea pig?

Yeah, for real! Where are the guinea pig pictures?
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2007, 02:39:56 am »

My old avatar vanished.

It was from superdickery.com, something that implied that something untoward had happened between Batman & his boy ward.

The current one is the Jack Kirby monster MODOK.  I like him because he has a currently vogue fan base that can be tracked to a zine started by a guy who works in my hometown comic book shop.  Or maybe a step further back to a Bob the Angry Flower Comic.

Anyway MODOK stands for Mental Organism Designed for Only Killing (or Only for Killing ... different in different books) and the old comic fan in joke is to come up with different Mental Organisms, such as MODOMODOK, the Mental Organism Designed Only for Mocking Organisms Designed Only For Killing.

And.... this is geeky.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2007, 02:44:13 am »

my fav is that there was an italian neorealist (or... critical of neorealism?) film called "The Machine to Kill Bad People."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2007, 03:23:32 am »

I changed from the googly eye to the googly-eye-as-Snidely-Whiplash some time ago, and I never changed back. Really, I should probably pick an avatar based on my personality (instead of a board joke from a very early thread), but it's grown on me.

I always thought it was because you were secretly in love with me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2007, 03:55:00 am »

Damn, now I want to pull a new avatar from this comic. It is a surprisingly accurate portrayal of what rats do on drugs.

That cartoon is brilliant.

I've always thought that Gurewitch is a modern day Charles Addams.  What do you party people think?

Here's a pretty typical Charles Addams strip.

Side note:  My search for Charles Addams cartoons led me to this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2007, 03:59:45 am »

I always thought it was because you were secretly in love with me.

I always thought that was just taken as read!

Anyway, I'll admit it: I'm not sure how I feel about Gothic maternity wear, but there's something cute about the concept of a "baby bat" in this context.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2007, 09:58:10 pm »

Well, we've got plenty of other reasons to pick on you without it. Like don't you still owe us pictures of the guinea pig?



Howard, as in Howard Roark from Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.
Then Atlas, as in Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
Together they are the Guinea Pig Federation of Objectivism.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 10:02:08 pm by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2007, 10:10:08 pm »

Why not just Roark?  Wasn't that the way the other characters referred to him anyways?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2007, 10:43:21 pm »

Yaaaay! Cavies! And one of them has an adorable rosette swirl on the top of his head. Awesome.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2007, 11:13:30 pm »

dude.
dude.

Ayn Rand?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2007, 11:30:15 pm »

dude.
dude.

Ayn Rand?

It's arachnocapitalist, dude. What can ya do.

**EDITED to add: A-CAP, I really like the Beer Chicken avatar, especially the dude's face who is saying, "THIS DUDE IS DRINKING BEER FROM A CHICKEN!!! CRAAAAAZY!!!"
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2007, 11:52:03 pm »

Howard, as in Howard Roark from Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.
Then Atlas, as in Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
Together they are the Guinea Pig Federation of Objectivism.

Such a burden for two cute little piggies to carry.  Fortunately they have brains the size of a peanut - well, maybe an almond - and don't give a damn.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2007, 05:17:20 am »

He's in college, it's what you do.  You either get into anarchy or communism or objectivism.  And you drink beer from unusual things.  Adulthood is for normal politics and normal alcohol containers.  Go nuts.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Oct 2007 - S-S-SCREW YOU! I ONLY LISTEN TO DOUBLE MUSIC!
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2007, 08:23:47 am »

You either get into anarchy or communism or objectivism.  And you drink beer from unusual things.

I didn't get into any of those ideologies, and I only drank beer from bottles, glasses and cans.

What a waste of my youth.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up