Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've been putting it off, but...  (Read 7483 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I've been putting it off, but...
« on: August 01, 2003, 03:30:43 am »

This week I'm definitely e-mailing Ray.  

I'm feeling a little, well, adrift and I could use some validation from a cartoon cat.

I'll let you know how it all turns out.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I've been putting it off, but...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 03:34:03 am »

I wrote him last week for the first time, and he reponded to my letter (the one with the dinosaurs).

Fun stuff.  And a funny yet pretty decent answer.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I've been putting it off, but...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 03:47:54 am »

I've been considering writing him... Not sure though, if it was the genuine adriftness problem I have at the moment, well my letter would go on for about 13 pages and he'd cut all but three sentences and then slag me off, so you know...
I may just write him telling him how adrift I feel without the Achewood board over at Dumbrella, but that would be neither big, nor clever I'm sure.

...dinosaurs!? I'm gonna have to back and reread that...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Dino
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 02:20:13 pm »

With Ray's success despite having no qualifications and being a cartoon cat, I've been considering opening my own advice column.  If you have a problem and need advice, e-mail or PM me and I'll answer it down in jl's world.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Too many advice columns
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 02:45:55 pm »

I don't know that this world needs another advice column, jl.  Between StrongBad, Ray Smuckles, and Dr. Lorna from Sluggy Freelance, I think we have our advice needs pretty well sewn up.

Maybe if yours was more specific like, "JL's advice column on how to get with the women."  Or even more specific like, "JL's Advice on Turning on Queens."  Hell, why not, "How to Turn JL On."

I'd write in.  :D




Disclaimer: The Pedro Picasso does not go around turning on other people's spouses, but is interested in learning how to for academic purposes.  He also refers to himself in the third person and uses a "the" to puff himself up.  He's so cool.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Too many advice columns
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 02:50:27 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"


Disclaimer: The Pedro Picasso does not go around turning on other people's spouses, but is interested in learning how to for academic purposes.  He also refers to himself in the third person and uses a "the" to puff himself up.  He's so cool.


The Pedro Picasso does, however, take particular delight in turning on his own spouse.  I should know.  
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I've been putting it off, but...
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 03:03:19 pm »

I know.  Maybe you should ask Ray if you should start an advice column.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Too many advice columns
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 03:36:57 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Maybe if yours was more specific like, "JL's advice column on how to get with the women."  Or even more specific like, "JL's Advice on Turning on Queens."  Hell, why not, "How to Turn JL On."

I'd write in.  :D


I thought we already learned that step one was to buy her a Serializer subscription
Logged

The Wonderous Me

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
Re: Dino
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 09:52:13 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
With Ray's success despite having no qualifications and being a cartoon cat, I've been considering opening my own advice column.  If you have a problem and need advice, e-mail or PM me and I'll answer it down in jl's world.

Ahh, but the alure and the satisfactory answers are that he is qualified to be a cartoon cat!
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I've been putting it off, but...
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2003, 03:24:31 pm »

I had an advice Gollum once. Totally worthless, unless you wanted to know the best kind of boots to use when crossing to Mordor.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I've been putting it off, but...
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2003, 04:28:00 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I had an advice Gollum once. Totally worthless, unless you wanted to know the best kind of boots to use when crossing to Mordor.


Yuk, yuk.  

Priceless.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I've been putting it off, but...
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2003, 07:04:31 pm »

Oh God.  I'm locking this thread based on the really bad puns that seem to be stinking up the place.

Really, if you're going to make bad puns, at least make them in the "Smells" forum.

GOODBYE FIRST RAY'S PLACE THREAD.  WE HARDLY KNEW YE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up