Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Elliot Smith  (Read 5404 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
RIP Elliot Smith
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2003, 06:39:06 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Me, I'm way too much of a snob to openly be a post-death bandwagon jumper... my musicgeek friend and I were actually bitching at school about all the people mourning Elliott who'd listened to him "for, like, a week."

We are jerks.

(I have the same problem with hip car ads.  First the Walkmen, now Modest penis?  Soon I wont be able to listen to anything without qualifying that I LIKED IT FIRST DAMMIT)
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
RIP Elliot Smith
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2003, 08:10:16 pm »

'lucia, did you mean to edit your post or quote yourself?

Anyway, the need to like something first, to be "indie" and hip tends to fade with age.  Just like what you like, and don't bother telling anyone else about it if they can't/won't share in your enthusiasm.

This is my advice to you.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
RIP Elliot Smith
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2003, 08:50:02 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Anyway, the need to like something first, to be "indie" and hip tends to fade with age.  Just like what you like, and don't bother telling anyone else about it if they can't/won't share in your enthusiasm.



I've felt this way for years.  Much longer than you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
RIP Elliot Smith
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2003, 08:58:31 pm »

I bow to your out-uncooling me.  You win THIS time, Dr. Jones.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
RIP Elliot Smith
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2003, 09:06:14 pm »

Muh-hu-wahahahahaha!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
RIP Elliot Smith
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2003, 04:16:10 am »

I was the first person in my school to discover AC/DC and the Scorpions.  Whoo hoo.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up