Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Opening Licks  (Read 8666 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 05:23:29 pm »

I can't believe I forgot Barracuda.  Oh, Nancy Wilson, can you ever forgive me? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 05:41:36 pm »

I don't know most of the songs you people are talking about. But I like and/or immediately recognize the openings to No Sleep Till Brooklyn and Walk This Way. Also, any given Everclear song, because they all seem to start the same way.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 05:51:51 pm »

Jayelle, though your admin status trumps it, congratulations on being Risotto anyhow.

I can barely balance the internet with minimally holding down a job.

You can balance it with gestating a small person inside you.

Points must be awarded. Credit must be given.

Also, though the opening to Smashing Pumpkins "Mayonnaise" isn't metal, it's fuckin' awesome.

If I were a wrestler, my entrance music would be the opening to "Dead hoss" off Use Your Illusion One, by the by.

"When she said she was gonna, like, wreck my car... I didn't know WHAT to do... WHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOA!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 06:04:33 pm »

I don't know most of the songs you people are talking about.

I will fix that for you...by about 12:30 PST.

Fixed that for you.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 07:41:39 pm by Limmo »
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 06:14:25 pm »

Not metal, but the mellower side of rock and roll -

Piano/keyboard licks - I don't like Monday's by the Boomtown Rats; Love Walks In by Van Halen

Also Pinball Wizard. I think that song was written to allow people to do windmills.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 07:25:26 pm »

If I were a wrestler, my entrance music would be the opening to "Dead hoss" off Use Your Illusion One, by the by.

"When she said she was gonna, like, wreck my car... I didn't know WHAT to do... WHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOA!"

Everybody knows the best wrestling entrance music is Also Sprach Zarathustra. But it's kind of taken.



Wooooooooooo!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 07:32:57 pm »

Stylin... WOO!
Profilin... WOO!
Rolex-wearin, limosine ridin... WOO!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 10:39:50 pm »

I can't believe I forgot Barracuda.  Oh, Nancy Wilson, can you ever forgive me? 

I remember listening to Tony Robbins talk about when he self-sabotaged his life, went bankrupt, and gained 38 pounds. After he had an epiphany that changed his life, he put "Barracuda" in his Walkman and just went crazy. Yay for turning it around.

This thread is great. I will have to make a "Rocking Out With Your C*ck Out" playlist in iTunes.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2007, 10:43:13 pm »

Most of the songs mentioned above are now available to all and sundry here.

Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2007, 11:34:32 pm »

Just makin' sure, s'all.

Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 02:38:03 am »

Maybe its just from having lived in the south, but the opening lick of Sweet Home Alabama improves my mood 500%
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2007, 02:38:55 am »

Wooooooo Kickstart my heart!

Well that's not leaving my head anytime soon.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2007, 06:07:42 pm »

test. did the board break again?

EDIT: huh, no, no one's posting at all, is all.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 06:50:21 pm by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2007, 07:35:56 pm »

Maybe its just from having lived in the south, but the opening lick of Sweet Home Alabama improves my mood 500%

How do you actually measure that? Do you have relations with 5x as many relatives?

Also, War Ensemble by Slayer. SLAYER!!!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Opening Licks
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2007, 07:39:43 pm »

LFM Fact #845:

Whenever a television camera is on me in a situation wherein I have nothing to do with the production, such as a newsreport covering an event I'm at or whatever? I throw up the horns and yell "Slayer!"

I'm not even that much of a Slayer fan. It just feels right.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up