Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I got into a car accident.  (Read 4160 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I got into a car accident.
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 11:08:32 pm »

What about the jackasses who think they can do anything because they have 4-wheel drive? "I have the power, VROOOM! Ditch."
this actually happened when I drove my Navigator into a lake on a farm. Good news, I was able to use the 4wd to get out of the lake. Bad news, my 50k SUV had water damage and a broken window. Good news, I left the thing at a mall and told the police it was stolen.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I got into a car accident.
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 12:11:07 am »

What about the jackasses who think they can do anything because they have 4-wheel drive? "I have the power, VROOOM! Ditch."

That's the WORST. I hate it when some twitchy jackhole gets behind the wheel of a car with an air of superiority and proceeds to drive in a manner that endangers everybody else on the road just because he's cushioned by three metric tons of steel and airbags. I firmly believe that the world would be a much better place if American drivers (can't speak for other countries since I've only ever driven in the United States) were required to log a certain amount of hours on a motorcycle before earning a car or truck permit. It confuses me that anyone can use the same minimal amount of training to careen a minivan through 5 lanes of traffic while yakking on your cellphone and chugging Starbucks as a frikkin 6,800-pound Ray Smuckles land yacht as a 1,700-pound Ford Festiva. Maybe said twitchy jackhole would be a little more considerate of pedestrians, cyclists, and other motorists if they had to white-knuckle it for a few weeks on a motorcycle. Of course, it will never happen, but when I'm king of the world it will be one of the first requirements I'll implement.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I got into a car accident.
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 01:19:17 am »

Well, there would certainly be less people on the road.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I got into a car accident.
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 01:20:13 am »

I just clicked that link in Linnea's post a minute ago, for some reason I had never read it, and Bob Dylan is one the front of their website.  fuck*ng great, LFM wins again.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I got into a car accident.
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 02:49:56 am »

So, I got the car back today. It looks awesome -- a fresh new, non-destroyed door, plus a few ding touch-ups and some repainting. This car looks better than it has since I inherited it. Still wish I hadn't crashed it, but hey...
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I got into a car accident.
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 04:52:48 am »

Silver lining right?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I got into a car accident.
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 05:02:14 am »

Gotta at least try to find the good.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I got into a car accident.
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 05:18:03 am »

Quote from: KeithHernandez
fuck*ng great, LFM wins again.

It's okay, it's good to get used to unavoidable things.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up