Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vote for me and so forth.  (Read 4028 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Vote for me and so forth.
« on: October 12, 2007, 07:13:16 pm »

So I've entered an online contest to host a sports talkshow a few times out here in LA.

Made my entry a parody of a really annoying ad on that station.

The link to vote for me is here: http://www.am570radio.com/pages/promotions.html?feed=127751&article=2766450

I'm in the A-33 bracket, they've misspelled the hell out of my name as Mike Chichi-etc but it'd be fun to move up the brackets and stuff.

Win some money and stuff. Money always helps.

Vote for me, if you can, and if I move up in rounds, please vote again. I appreciate it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 07:27:13 pm »

You bet your ass I'll vote for you, but the thing is... I'm not hearing anything. Anyone else having this problem?

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:02:04 pm »

You bet your ass I'll vote for you, but the thing is... I'm not hearing anything. Anyone else having this problem?

Apparently it helps to have your headphones plugged in all the way. Nice work!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:23:17 pm »

Yeah, I had a minor crush on Tracy Symers too.

My girlfriend doesn't mind when I admit to crushes on nerdy ladies, it's the crushes on conventional beauty queens I gotta watch out for.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 09:00:05 pm »

I'd figure it would be the opposite. Admitting to liking the "gettable" ones seems like a bigger offense than pining for the unattainable.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 11:02:00 pm »

You've got my vote, Mike/lfm.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 07:07:02 pm »

Partly in thanks to y'all, I made the second round! Thanks!

Now I... need your help again. haha.

You can vote as much as you want, the internet vote is half the vote, the other half is station staff.

I only won last time on the strength of the internet vote so, like, all help is appreciated.

It goes til Friday and some people can reeeeeeally clickfarm so, like, just cuz I'm winning now don't mean a thing.

http://www.am570radio.com/pages/promotions.html?feed=127751&article=2766450

R2 A-19, my name's still misspelled.

Thanks for the help, dudes and ladies, I really appreciate it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 08:28:44 pm »

damn, dude, I feel like this would have been a prime place to bring out some of that Supreme Baseball Knowledge you have.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 10:07:49 pm »

Ah, y'know, it's a lot more of a basketball station. They talk about the Lakers about 75% of the time in their local programming, even when basketball ain't anywhere near happening.

Los Angeles is strange in that... it's really the only big-big city I know of where the NBA team is always the main story no matter what. Unless all your town HAS in major sports is an NBA team, I just don't get that.

Two baseball teams, two major college sports programmes, two hockey teams, soccer in one of the few American cities demographically ripe for soccer and... all they care about is the Lakers, even if the Lakers suck goat balls.

Even if the OTHER NBA team, the Clippers, are better than the Lakers.

It's odd to me. I grew up in an area where NFL football ruled unless the baseball team was REALLY good and then the baseball team ruled... and then college basketball was third. The NBA was lucky if it was fifth behind college football, where I grew up, in the wasteland between Syracuse and Albany.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 01:27:39 am »

Why are there so many Mikes???
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 03:18:24 am »

Well, Michael's been the most common American male name, on and off, over the last few decades I guess. Good Biblical name, y'know? Like Superman and stuff, Micha-El.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 03:19:59 am »

dude, we both have hell of biblical names! awesome. awesome.

you also have the same name as my best friend. good job on that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Vote for me and so forth.
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 11:39:00 pm »

The in-house vote at the station was 50-50.

I failed on the weight of the popular vote.

Not that I'm blaming y'all or nothin'.

More time for the novel, I s'pose.

Thanks for the help, though, I apprecilate it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1]   Go Up