Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Nobody's Posting  (Read 7673 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Nobody's Posting
« on: October 13, 2007, 07:34:37 pm »

Nobody's posting.  Here's a thread with no topic.  Post something so that the sad, empty little people who are sitting here hitting "refresh" over and over can move on with their lives. 

I'll start with a joke. 

A man walks into a dentist's office and says, "Can you help me? I think I'm a moth." The dentist says, "You don't need a dentist. You need a psychiatrist." The man replies, "Yes, I know." The dentist snaps back, "So why did you come in here?"

The man says, "The light was on."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 07:35:40 pm »

BOO to that.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 07:38:26 pm »

Hey, Halloween's only a couple weeks away. You can't wait?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 07:41:31 pm »

I love how we were all just sorta sitting around, waiting for someone else to post something so that we could reply to it but... not posting anything ourselves. We are totally American around here.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 07:54:00 pm »

Well, maybe if we took over a 3rd party messageboard for holding "weapons of mass retardation." And then all became mods, and kept a tenuous(at best) hold on the flame wars that resulted.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 08:11:55 pm »

lprkn, you are so canned. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 08:27:06 pm »

We all know each other so well now that sometimes we run out of conversation, the messageboard is like that old couple you see in a restaurant contendedly having dinner together in silence.

(I am trying to put a good face on it but.... oh god people POST something already.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 08:46:07 pm »

I did what I could.  If someone doesn't post something, I'm going to find another joke. 

And nobody wants that. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 08:54:27 pm »

I could post a bunch of the fucked up dreams I've been having lately.

I don't know if that'd just make things worse, though.

Last night, I had to stop the Trix Rabbit from raping the president's daughter.

It was one of those generic television Presidents and I was a secret service agent and...

Yeah. The Trix Rabbit was a rapist and I was the only one who could stop him.

After I defeated him, he became a normal rabbit and hopped away too quickly to catch him.

Yeah. Yeah, I've been having messed up dreams.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 09:10:46 pm »

Last night I dreamed that I was a teenager trapped in this freaky summer camp where we figured out after about two weeks that we weren't ever going to get home.  It was very "big brother" and everything was highly regulated.  They even had snipers along the border to shoot at would-be escapees.  I somehow managed to get a message out to my Mom and she came on a "visit" with the intention to spring me so we could go the the police and have the rest of the girls released.  But when Mom got there they pretended everything was all normal and the rest of the girls were totally brainwashed and didn't want to go home.  To make it worse, now they had my mom, and neither of us could leave. 

It was scarier than it sounds now. 

I have this kind of dream a lot, where I'm trapped in some kind of living hell and have to try and escape.  Sometimes I'm an action hero and can roundhouse kick my way out of any situation, but more often I'm just a scared, lost little girl who desperately wants to get home to her mom. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 09:16:20 pm »

My bad dreams are usually that I am sharing a house or apartment with roommates. In most of them, it's so bad that there are several beds to a room. This is often combined with my other kind of bad dream, about trying to take a shower in the morning in a strange place where the facilities are totally bizarre, like the shower is in the bedroom and when you turn it on water gets all over the bed.

Apparently these two things are my idea of living hell but oddly, I'm never trying to escape. I am for some reason passively accepting it all.


Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 09:21:58 pm »

My bad dreams are usually that I am sharing a house or apartment with roommates. In most of them, it's so bad that there are several beds to a room. This is often combined with my other kind of bad dream, about trying to take a shower in the morning in a strange place where the facilities are totally bizarre, like the shower is in the bedroom and when you turn it on water gets all over the bed.

Apparently these two things are my idea of living hell but oddly, I'm never trying to escape. I am for some reason passively accepting it all.


I have the weird bathroom dreams, too.  Usually there is no toilet and I really, really have to pee.  But sometimes I get in the shower and there are, like, seventeen knobs and handles and none of them seem to do the right things.  The one that turns the water on isn't the same one that turns it off, and I can't control the temperature or remember which ones I've already tried. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 09:43:37 pm »

I am relieved that someone else has weird shower dreams.

What do you think they are about?  They always seemed to me like anxiety about trying to get to work on time - actually that's often an explicit part of them, now that I think of it - I can't get the shower to work and I'm going to be late. But the thing is, I still have them now, when I actually never have to get to work on time.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 10:17:37 pm »

Mine often have a sense of urgency about time, as well -- there's someplace I need to be and I can't get there.  Usually I'm missing my first day of school for the semester.  I guess they're general anxiety dreams?  Like the one where you get cast in a play, but when you show up for what you think is the first day of rehearsal it turns out to be opening night, and you don't even have a script. 

Pedro's variation on this is always that he knows the show opens that night, but he's memorized the wrong play. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 10:33:44 pm »

So many of my dreams revolve around the idea that I skipped a class in high school or in college and I have to go back, in my late twenties, to finish them up that... it isn't even funny.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up