Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Nobody's Posting  (Read 7656 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 02:38:24 am »

hmm.

I had a dream last night where this guy was trying to kill me. He kept changing into different people...

the only part I remember was at one point he looked like my old chemistry teacher, and I stabbed him in the hand with a blunt butter knife. And then... I was slowly cutting through his hand with the blunt knife... it was stabbed all the way through... and he was just looking at me, waiting for me to stop.
and then he stuck a fistful of really long pins into by asscheek. Then I woke up.

Um, I feel like, especially in the 40's, saying that women need Equity rather than Equality was pretty radical? I mean... equity is pretty awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 05:45:07 am »

the only part I remember was at one point he looked like my old chemistry teacher, and I stabbed him in the hand with a blunt butter knife. And then... I was slowly cutting through his hand with the blunt knife... it was stabbed all the way through... and he was just looking at me, waiting for me to stop.

I had a dream similar to this once. In it, I was traveling with my classmates (who were all girls, for some reason) on a field trip to a skyscraper made entirely of glass, and somehow we were captured by a serial killer. He offered us all Tic-Tacs before we died, and I asked if I could finish my gum first; when he said no, I began fighting back, punching and kicking him. He reacted like a practice dummy -- heavy, solid, and unresponsive.

It was at that point in the dream that I ran, and he chased me... but I couldn't hide from him, because the glass skyscraper was entirely transparent. Somehow, though, I got out and away, and I woke up with a feeling of exhilaration and relief.

To make a long story short, I find that sort of flattened-affect dream really interesting: where alarming or embarrassing things happen, but everyone reacts very dully to them (not fighting back if attacked, not being afraid of death, not caring if someone's naked in public). Does this happen to others?
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 05:56:45 am »

I only have two dreams I remember, both before puberty.  One was me hiding from some high tech police unit, but I was hiding just by standing on my bed while they were looking in my closet and under the bed.  The other is my family dying and me waking up thinking they were dead.  Now adays I have dreams that I know about but could not give you any information over.  I think most of them involve my alarm or the person waking me up, so I don't know if those count.

Not remembering dreams sounds better than night terrors though.  But as I said, I got my own sleeping problems.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 09:31:55 am »

After I saw Terminator 2 when I was like 8 or something, I had a few dreams where I went on adventures with the Terminator, nothing scary, just fun. I can only remember having one bad dream when I was 4. I used to wake up with vertigo all the time though, but that hasn't happened since I was 14 or something. So my mutant power is to not wake up with vertigo.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2007, 01:50:53 pm »

My bad dreams usually involve me going back to a school building when I'm not supposed to be there (like breaking into my old elementary school), and being chased by people.

One recurring theme of mine (in bad dreams, good dreams, and neutral dreams), is my ability to jump into the air and kinda float, as if the planet had the moon's gravity. If I do this on a hill, however, I always land badly and start rolling down it.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 02:41:12 pm »

Well, maybe getting those old-school bad dreams off my chest freed me up to have a new one... in which I got up to take the pugs out to pee so they'd let me sleep, and my backyard was full of about 30 adults and kids and there were hard-boiled eggs all over the ground.  Some were dyed for Easter and some were peeled and some were broken up, and it became apparent that this was all part of a party that was happening in the adjacent yard and people were throwing eggs back and forth across the fence. I was furious, especially because the pugs were now trying to eat all the eggs.  I found the person in charge and yelled at her in great detail - I remember one thing I said, which was what if my pugs were allergic to eggs, I wouldn't be able to use the yard again for months -  but she was completely unmoved. I think she finally agreed to get out of the yard when I said I'd call the police but she was still infuriatingly calm about the whole thing.

I have NO idea what the heck that was about.  I've also never heard of a dog with egg allergy now that I think of it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 04:33:52 pm »

at first... I thought you were going to say that your dogs were peeing all over the kid's eggs.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2007, 06:19:57 pm »

Education.

Yes, and I'm positive we've talked about this before.  The board is getting more and more like that old married couple all the time...


There's a reference to the contact lens dream
from August 2005.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 06:42:02 pm »

After I saw Terminator 2 when I was like 8 or something, I had a few dreams where I went on adventures with the Terminator, nothing scary, just fun.

Best subverted nightmare ever.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 08:05:21 pm »


There's a reference to the contact lens dream
from August 2005.

Oh!  Hi there, me from two years ago!  You haven't changed a bit! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 07:39:55 am »

I had a dream recently that I snuck into my old school's primary library building and had freaky relations with my lady. Then for some reason There were a bunch of kids camping out there too (it's school holidays here at the moment so it was perfectly logical that no one was around) then I went to use the bathroom, I noticed that the urinals were kind of high and weird shaped and an inspector with a clipboard came in and got pissed at me for peeing in the sink.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2007, 04:23:11 pm »

I had a completely horrible dream last night.  I was holding my youngest daughter as we were getting ready for bed, and I went "Hmm, she's got a little bit of a rash on her face, there."  Then she started turning mottled red all over at high speed and started crying, and I was all like "Holy shit, call 911!"  That's when I woke up.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2007, 04:40:57 pm »

I had this weird dream where a lady I know wanted to have some Relations with me. In... the middle of a crowded street. And she was like "goddamnit, what's your problem! I know you want this! Why are you being so lame! You aren't getting another chance." and such as my high school latin teacher were walking by. She was also being very explicit about certain things she wanted me to do in this situation that... were just kind of weird. Not kinky-weird, just Dream weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2007, 04:47:38 pm »

No no, Dream Weird would be if in the middle of fuckin' she screamed your name out, backwards, and then disappeared to the fourth dimension for 90 days. That is the kinda thing that'd happen in my dreams.

All standin' there in the middle of the road, naked with blue balls, realizing you just fucked Mr. Mixedpickles' sister and didn't even get to come.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody's Posting
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 07:00:09 pm »

I'm finishing a novel where the 2 protagonists (the what you would call "romantic couple") meet in dreams when they're kids but they don't know they're also real, they just think that each other is a dream. Then they grow up and their dreamworlds drift apart. But they meet again in real life years later, only the girl is now married and has a daughter. They both die in a car crash sometime later when trying to elope.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up