"John Madden says a lot of obvious stuff" guy.
I think his stuff would be less annoying if, like, he did impressions on albums or on a radio show or something. Something audio-only.
As it is, he seems to make no attempt to look like any of the people he's doing impressions of. At all. Except for John Madden who he kinda naturally looks a little like already.
But that might be giving him too much credit. When your main impressions are people EVERYONE has a goddamn impression of... Nicholson, Generalissimo W, Robin Williams (for fucks sake), Madden, Al Pacino... you probably don't deserve any credit at all.
Who doesn't have a bad Williams or a bad Pacino?
Blah.
But then again, Dane Cook is so smarmy and frattish and unfunny and not only steals everyone else's stuff but then ALSO waters it down until Topeka gets it... AND will defend himself and his unfunniness to the death on the merit of the fact that he "has a lot of fans" but half his act is sucking up to his fans to a disgusting degree.
Aggggggh.
I guess I gotta hate Dane Cook more than Frank Caliendo for the same reason I gotta hate Springsteen more than I hate Billy Joel. At least Billy Joel seems to kinda know/admit that he's a total fraud... not taking your crap too seriously DOES get you tie-breaker points.