Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever  (Read 13529 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
(10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« on: October 17, 2007, 04:31:44 am »

Link

I totally empathize with Todd.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 04:39:33 am »

"Pussy nougat" is a great term.

I don't know if this turns around the mediocre state of this plotline but... headsasplodin' always helps.

However, I think you may've messed up the link.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 04:46:50 am »

Todd's head exploded.

Hmm.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 05:09:15 am »

Hmm indeed. I think that I rather like Onstad's take on an alive stuffed animal and cracked-out squirrel taking on the SNL comedy genre.
Logged

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 05:45:23 am »

No. Just ... no.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 06:29:40 am »

hm.

I am a big fan of a phrase being so perfect that your head explodes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 06:41:08 am »

If this is the end of this plotline, well... frickin' awesome way to end it.
Logged

isaacs_law

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 07:53:33 am »

If this is the end of this plotline, well... frickin' awesome way to end it.

I believe I like this strip Okay if there will be more, but I will upgrade if it's the end of the plotline. Yes.

Though I appreciated the alt-text because I couldn't quite work out what was up with the art alone. At first I thought a burst of "pussy-nougat" had literally made an appearance, and I have no humor paradigm for dealing with that.
Logged

isaacs_law

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 07:57:26 am »

Further observations:

I've just realized I got the phrase "burst of pussy-nougat" (complete with hyphen, which isn't in the strip) from the general format of a line of shampoos I used in my youth. "Burst of Cherry-Almond" was one.

I don't listen to much classical, but I have been listening to a Bach motet during this reading and posting process and it is pretty much perfectly inappropriate.




Lately it seems that all Achewood does is remind me of childhood things.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 08:02:12 am by isaacs_law »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 12:06:00 pm »

If this is the end of this plotline, well... frickin' awesome way to end it.

Please this is the end?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 12:40:34 pm »

Onstad: "Man this seemed like a good idea at first, i mean i hadnt used todd in awhile and cocaine is always a lark.... I need some sort of immediate terminus to this train wreck. Pop."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 01:10:10 pm »

Maybe his head exploding is just the intro for Five Questions.
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 02:30:46 pm »

So wait, if Téodor's doing impressions on screen, then who's manning the camera? (ooooOOOOoooo...)

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind, the camera's on a tripod, a remote-controlled rotating one apparently.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 03:13:38 pm »

This too shall pass.

SPLUT
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: (10-17-2007) The Perfect Thing To Say, Ever
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 06:24:02 pm »

Thanks, all, for making me feel like a jerk by leaving it to me to ask the obvious question. And that is:
What the hell is Quimarello?

Don't even pretend like you knew either. 'Quimarello' is currently #95 on Google trends, Oct 17, 2007, above The Colbert Report. You are all terrible, lame faux-intellectual hipsters...

And I am so ashamed.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up