And... even if you come up with something CLOSE to a "scientific" definition of a race...
A combination of ranges of parameters, facial features, flesh tones, etc?
You're never ever ever gonna find a "black" gene or a "white" gene or whatever.
You MIGHT even figure out what SEQUENCE of genes makes you fit those parameter.
But all of those genes are in every "racial" gene pool. If you had the time and the bread and the willing subjects, you could definitely "breed" a white-looking person out of a "black" gene pool and you could "breed" an Asian-looking person out of a "white" gene pool and so on.
Not to mention the cases that blow the whole argument to hell, such as Barak Obama definitely "looking" black but clearly being "half-white" or the Lana Lang on Smallville, definitely looking "Asian" but being "half-white" or so on.
And then... oh boy... the baseball players who you'd call "black" until they opened their mouths and their accent would suddenly make you wanna call 'em "Latin" in some fashion or manner.
Applying hard-science things like genetics and species definition to completely completely COMPLETELY culturally constructed concepts like "race" are total bullshit.
My brother and I have the same father and mother. We're Italian and Slovenian and Belorus in extraction. We're at the slavic-swarthy end of the "white" spectrum but if you asked 99.999% of Americans in the year 2007 what we are ethnically, you'd definitely say:
"White".
Same two parents, a full-blooded Slovenian woman, a half-Italian half-Belorus father. Everybody white.
And yet... even though we're full brothers and anyone would call us both white, we're both completely European in extraction...
I've seen many times where people ask my brother if he's some part Asian, because he has squinty eyes and thin jetblack hair.
And I've experienced many times where people assumed that I had a Jewish grandparent, because I have thick dark brown hair and a certain shape to my nose.
When he's with his girlfriend of full Thai extraction, he gets it even more.
When he's with multiple members of my dad's side of the family, he never gets it at all, because even though he has squinty eyes and thin jetblack hair, he's surrounded by very Italian looking people who he's clearly related to.
When I was in the Adirondacks, where there was almost no Jewish population, I never got it.
When I was in New York City... or at Syracuse University where the majority of students were from the NYC area... I got it all the time.
Race is a made-up thing for the purposes of the hard-sciences this dude is an expert in.
He has confused his expertice into another field and that's regrettable.
But it's also completely wrong.