Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ouch is right, only the dog never got a chance to say that-- 19 Oct 2007  (Read 2221 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10192007

Wow, I kind of like the Todd stuff (in theory anyway), but this one was the best in a while. 

I loved that the dialogue was so weird that I spent my energy concentrating on it and didn't pay attention to what Ray was doing.  Then, at the end, it made me go back and the brie thing was hilarious, IDK, it just made the strip for me.  Only thing missing was a jacket.

good strip.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch is right, only the dog never got a chance to say that-- 19 Oct 2007
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:41:08 am »

Solid. But that Brie was the creamiest fuck*ng brie ive ever seen in my life. and i know my brie.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch is right, only the dog never got a chance to say that-- 19 Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 01:00:54 pm »

Solid. But that Brie was the creamiest fuck*ng brie ive ever seen in my life. and i know my brie.

It does make a tasty quesadilla, especially with crab.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch is right, only the dog never got a chance to say that-- 19 Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 03:41:48 pm »

maybe it's pussy nougat.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Ouch is right, only the dog never got a chance to say that-- 19 Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 04:19:38 pm »

It looks like Ray is just scooping up some brie with a knife. The dude is completely bypassing bread and going straight for the good stuff. I dig his style.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Ouch is right, only the dog never got a chance to say that-- 19 Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 04:24:27 pm »

The juxtaposition of brie and vomit would be canned if it were an imaginary internet person, instead of an idea.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch is right, only the dog never got a chance to say that-- 19 Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 08:20:56 pm »

Solid. But that Brie was the creamiest fuck*ng brie ive ever seen in my life. and i know my brie.
I doubt Ray settles for plebian triple-cream brie.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Ouch is right, only the dog never got a chance to say that-- 19 Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 09:52:30 pm »

It looks like Ray is just scooping up some brie with a knife. The dude is completely bypassing bread and going straight for the good stuff. I dig his style.

Well, he is known for eating a wedge of brie in the manner of pie.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Ouch is right, only the dog never got a chance to say that-- 19 Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 09:58:08 pm »

It's an old strip but...

Man. The idea of figuring that the person in a car is a lady who'd consider you beneath her because of the way the person drives?

That is comedy gold. Comedy fuckin' gold.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1]   Go Up