Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested  (Read 9722 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« on: October 21, 2007, 11:40:03 am »

It is the end of an era. It is the end of the boredom killing collection of links at tv-links.co.uk.Evidently UK authorities raided the location of the servers and arrested the owner and several mods of the site. I dont know what british law theyd be charged with. All they did was link to videos on other networks, never hosting the videos themselves. Kind of like an index page of internet video.
http://www.thenewfreedom.net/wp/2007/10/19/tv-linkscouk-raided-owner-arrested/
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 11:42:37 am »

Lame, used to use that alot.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 01:49:04 am »

I haven't tried any of these yet, but I just found this list of replacements on Digg.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 02:08:47 am »

Last time I missed The Office I used http://tvunderground.org.ru/ and it worked fine. But I guess that's because I use eMule instead of BT. I just never made the switch.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 02:42:54 am »

tvlinks going down may singlehandedly raise the GPAs of my friends by a significant amount.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 02:49:42 am »

Last time I missed The Office I used http://tvunderground.org.ru/ and it worked fine. But I guess that's because I use eMule instead of BT. I just never made the switch.

I've never missed an episode of The Office, but considering how this new season has started out, I might have to change that.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 03:05:59 am »

..really? I'm really enjoying it. I watched every single back-episode over the month or so leading up to the new season, and I've seen all the new ones and enjoyed them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 03:58:08 am »

"The Office" is rapidly becoming the next Simpsons... in that, even when the new ones are really quite good, the bar was set so fuck*ng high by its best episodes that you can sometimes be a little let down by it being simply the best show on network television that week instead one of the fifty funniest television episodes you've ever seen.

We get spoiled by utter greatness, we the impatient viewing masses.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 04:08:28 am »

it kind of bugs me that Pam got prettier once she started dating Jim. I cannot really articulate why, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 04:16:57 am »

"The Office" is rapidly becoming the next Simpsons... in that, even when the new ones are really quite good, the bar was set so fuck*ng high by its best episodes that you can sometimes be a little let down by it being simply the best show on network television that week instead one of the fifty funniest television episodes you've ever seen.

We get spoiled by utter greatness, we the impatient viewing masses.

LFM, that post was apt.  Aaaaapt!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 04:24:39 am »

LFM pretty much hit the nail on the head, as he so often does.

I guess what I don't like about the new season is the fact that so much of what the show was building towards early on has actually come to pass. We'd always hear about Dwight's wacky house and family, but actually seeing these things was a little too jarring.

The same goes for Pam and Jim. Their tension is what made so much of the show funny, but now those awkward moments have been replaced by cutesy romantic smiles and whatnot. It's just not fun anymore now that they're a legitimate couple, you know?

And as for Michael... I don't know. I love Steve Carrell, but I'm just not sure how much I still enjoy Michael Scott after three seasons.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 04:40:24 am »

I have never watched the US Office out of principle, but maybe it is time I change that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 04:53:31 am »

Interestingly enough, I really don't find Pam that attractive, never really did.

Too frumpy and too mousy. Jim's other girlfriend, man, though.

Man. Man oh man.

I appreciate the compliments, by the by. I'm a complete idiot about a lot of things but I like to think that the things that I do know, I have down pretty well. Television, baseball, things like that. Trivia like that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 04:57:39 am »

oh man.

we have a rule in our suite that...

you aren't allowed to diss Pam, or in any way suggest that she is anything but the perfect woman.

Although the other day I realized that personality-wise, she is basically the same as this girl I dated a while ago. That has made me look at her in a different light.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: tv-links.co.uk site down, owner arrested
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 05:03:48 am »

I have never watched the US Office out of principle, but maybe it is time I change that.

I think the US version, at its peak, was actually better than the UK version. That's saying a lot, because I loved the UK series.

But maaaaaaaan has the US version also given us a lot of filler. I guess that's the benefit of having a much more protracted series. You're given so many chances to swing for the fences that you're gonna knock a few out there eventually. But you're also going to strike out a lot..... like this season.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up