Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogtober 2007  (Read 7970 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 10:38:28 pm »

Yeah, jay... some of the happiest memories of my life are there.

It's the closest thing I know to a church or ever will.

Goddamned beautiful place.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 10:57:45 pm »

Unbalanced wedding party.  ohhhhhhh shiiiiiiiit

Well here's another one of those problems of modern life that I never knew existed.

I would mention that this is because we got married by a justice of the peace in her living room and Massachusetts didn't even require us to have witnesses, but I am sure I would be repeating myself.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 02:26:24 am »

How can Molly be such a sucker for tradition? She hates Showbiz. He left a huge body hair on her brand new $13 bar of Aveda soap, for Christ's sake.

Well here's another one of those problems of modern life that I never knew existed.

I would mention that this is because we got married by a justice of the peace in her living room and Massachusetts didn't even require us to have witnesses, but I am sure I would be repeating myself.

Wow! That is pretty cool. I like the idea of keeping it simple. Then again, I just went to a gorgeous wedding this weekend at Denver's Brown Palace Hotel. It was swank and hell of awesome. Then again, the bride and groom also shelled out at least $90/per person for the shindig, so there you go.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 02:42:05 am »

Well, sure, there's nothing wrong with a fancy wedding that someone else is paying for and arranging and fighting over.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 02:57:35 am »

And isn't that the REAL meaning of a marriage, anyway?

Passing financial responsibilities onto others?

God bless us, everyone.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 09:14:31 pm »

Got them back with a cash only bar.

BOO TO THAT
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 11:43:48 pm »

BOO TO THAT

Boo to the assumption that going to a wedding means free liquor. We did a cash bar too, for the simple reason that it was either that or no bar at all - we couldn't afford to offer the booze for free. My dad ended up kicking in so we could do beer and wine for free, and that was fine for most. I got my Jack and Cokes for free since I was the one getting shackled^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H married, but the added cost of the bar was inSANE.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 11:45:44 pm »

Open bar for common wines and beers, cash bar for mixed drinks and high-end stuff seems like a fair compromise to me, yeah. It's what King Solomon would tell you to do... and then he'd claim your daughter for his harem.

Win-win, I say.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 11:50:04 pm »

My cousin had a wedding in the high-tens of ks and of naturally had an open bar. As much fliff as he was fliffing, he still had a trick, he bought the liquor by the case and used the hired caterers as the bartenders. Whatever wasn't used, he took home.
Open bar at a wedding should be a given. Cmon people.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 11:57:18 pm »

there is no way I will ever have enough money in my life to fund a fancy-schmancy wedding.

I mean, unless my life takes some really wacky turns. Or, you know, I get some sort of Fantasy High-Paying-Psych-Research job?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 12:13:27 am »

Ah, don't kick yourself too much, inev.

Money knows no logic, money is completely arbitrary, there's no reason to it.

You can work your ass off your whole life and have nothing. Or you can be the laziest most worthless son of the bitch in the world and if you were born into it or if you won the lottery, you can be completely fuckin' rolling in it.

It's a system rigged from the start to only allow a few people to have a whole lotta money.

It's okay. It's not failing to not have money or, at least, it's as much a failure as it is to never be hit by lightning. Dumb luck.

Dumb luck or theft, the only paths to money.

A logic about finding the right lady can apply to money, too, though:

The key to is to get yourself into a place where you are happy with yourself with or without it.

Only then could it find you and find you in a positive way.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 12:18:16 am »

oh, no, I am not kicking myself. I am hell of liberal and stuff, so I can convince myself pretty easily that big fancy weddings are really unnecessary and silly and all that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 12:42:12 am »

Quote from: Molly Says
(I hear he's actually too forward as a waiter, sometimes sliding into the booth with patrons — big no-no).
At the risk of drawing the wrath of Molly-hater's, I gotta give her an Amen for this.  The waiters at the Outback near my house do this.  Its way off-putting, even if its a cute chickie (let alone Peter Porterhouse, the massive slab of muscular meat).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 12:50:12 am »

oh, wait, waiters actually do that? Dang, that would bug me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 01:24:44 am »

Yeah, I have to agree.

"Look, man, if I wanted to acknowledge the humanity of the people bringing me my food, I'd'a eaten at home."

It sounds cold but it's just true.

Half the reason of going out to eat is the joy of not being beholden to the pleasantries of in-home eating.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up