Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogtober 2007  (Read 7955 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2007, 03:32:29 pm »

The cooking lesson is a very thoughtful gift.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2007, 04:01:29 pm »

The cooking lesson is a very thoughtful gift.

But Beef already knows how to cook. Remember his famous roasted rooster ding-dong?
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2007, 05:41:51 pm »

There's hell of difference between cooking as a bachelor and cooking "food that wives like to eat."

I eat like a savage when I'm left to my own devices (half a bag of pizza rolls, microwaved chopped-ham sandwiches, cereal, anything in "quesadilla" form) but much better when I have a lady looking out for me (all meat entrees have a vegetable accompaniment, actually concerned about eating pasta for dinner four days running, not seriously considering anything frozen as a dinner option).

I know I don't have to eat pizza three times a week but I seem unable to help myself when I have a house to myself.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2007, 05:54:17 pm »

There's hell of difference between cooking as a bachelor and cooking "food that wives like to eat."

I eat like a savage when I'm left to my own devices (half a bag of pizza rolls, microwaved chopped-ham sandwiches, cereal, anything in "quesadilla" form) but much better when I have a lady looking out for me (all meat entrees have a vegetable accompaniment, actually concerned about eating pasta for dinner four days running, not seriously considering anything frozen as a dinner option).

I know I don't have to eat pizza three times a week but I seem unable to help myself when I have a house to myself.

I've done that. When I'm alone I'll decide to swing by the pizza-by-the-slice place I really like that the SO hates. Then realize rationalize that since I'm going straight home anyway and a whole pizza is only a couple bucks more than 2 slices I'd be a fool not to get a whole pizza. Then I eat pizza every meal for an entire weekend.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2007, 06:22:42 pm »

so we dont get any better after college? Thats depressing.
I'm currently using my coffee maker to drip hot water on a bowl of oats. Id like to think that, as men, wed learn from stuff like this.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2007, 06:29:14 pm »

so we dont get any better after college? Thats depressing.
I'm currently using my coffee maker to drip hot water on a bowl of oats. Id like to think that, as men, wed learn from stuff like this.

It's just in solitude. The SO is vegetarian and I am not, so many nights we'll cook two entirely separate meals. So I'm totally used to cooking real meals from scratch just for me. But when she's not around I revert back to eating only chinese take-out and pizza rolls at really weird times.

Even if she's just working late I might decide to put off my ostrich stir-fry for another day and eat two packages of instant oatmeal with some jam instead.

We only eat decently due to guilt, is the point I'm trying to get across* here.



*Or "get acrosst" for you Pennsyltuckians out there.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2007, 07:33:44 pm »

so we dont get any better after college? Thats depressing.
I'm currently using my coffee maker to drip hot water on a bowl of oats. Id like to think that, as men, wed learn from stuff like this.

I was hoping so too.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2007, 10:37:25 pm »

Eating pizza three times a week doesn't have to be unhealthy.  Just make it yourself.   Go easy on the cheese and salami, and load that fucker up with stacks of vegetables - capsicum, onion, olives, mushrooms, whatever.  When that's combined with a good tomato sauce on the base (I like to use the jars people buy for pasta - if you get a good brand they are hell of tasty) and some fresh basil on top you have a perfectly healthy meal.  If you want to be even healthier, only eat a bit of it and have a salad on the side.  Just because it's pizza doesn't mean it has to be dripping in grease.  I eat pizza three or four times a week.




Of course, I am about 15-20 kilos overweight, so you may want to take that with a grain of salt.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogtober 2007
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2007, 11:25:37 pm »

um, I made myself pasta the other day. It was delicious, but, bland. Just some noodles, and Zia's pasta sauce (Zia's is a good Italian restaurant in St Lous.) It needed some meat or something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up