Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some feedback.  (Read 13853 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 11:36:59 pm »

Jesus Christ, you have spent too much time here.  Stop thinking everything has to conform to screenplayability.

It sounds like you're calling it "The Things We Tell Ourselves At Night," and that's a fine thing.  If you think it's too long, lose the first word.  That's about it. 
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 11:41:39 pm »

Oh, don't worry too much, Limmo.

I've been hacking into Chapter 8 while I've been chatting here in the other window.

This overthinking is helping, not hurting, I assure you.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 11:48:06 pm »

How about Father, Son, American Ghost.

Seconded.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 11:50:58 pm »

Oh, don't worry too much, Limmo.

I'm not worried about it, I've got my own novel to think about for November.  Nanowrimo!



Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 11:51:14 pm »

I would say go with the one you like.

or, Once and Future King. That is a cool title. You could be all "Invisible Man" with it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 11:56:10 pm »

It sounds like you're calling it "The Things We Tell Ourselves At Night," and that's a fine thing.  If you think it's too long, lose the first word.  That's about it. 


Let's trim it down more.... "We tell ourselves at night."

Or do the same to Pink Floyd: "Heroes for Ghosts."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2007, 12:04:38 am »

Just call it "Night."  Elie Wiesel can go suck a dick.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2007, 12:16:11 am »

Funny, I'm watching the World Series and I was JUST thinking to myself:

"James Taylor can go suck a dick."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2007, 12:20:50 am »

On "Father, Son, American Ghost" and marquee possibilities:

I just did an Amazon search on "American Ghosts" and was shocked to see it apparently hasn't been used. If you want two-word snappiness, there you go.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2007, 12:48:19 am »

On "Father, Son, American Ghost" and marquee possibilities:

I just did an Amazon search on "American Ghosts" and was shocked to see it apparently hasn't been used. If you want two-word snappiness, there you go.

I can only hope that Amazon asked, "did you mean 'American Gods'?"

Can you maybe work Oprah's name into your book title? Because that woman can move some literature.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 03:16:46 am »

How about "The Pet Goat"?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 03:54:27 am »

Three Blind Mice.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 05:22:45 am »

The Cat Who Liked Baseball

Not really, geeze.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 05:46:55 am »

"Hey hey, hi hi. Rock and roll will never die." - Neil Young.

It's Hey hey, my my.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Need some feedback.
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 11:04:59 am »

I like American Ghosts.

I'd like once and Future King if there was some Elvis in there.

I also like Normal Men and Magic Bullets, or maybe just Magic Bullets. I think if you are doing a sci fi novel a certain level of cheese is totally acceptable.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up