Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago  (Read 1859 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« on: October 25, 2007, 11:54:22 am »

Heh.  Today's strip made me laugh.  They've been much better since that godawful Todd storyline finished.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 12:30:13 pm »

Damn though... the best archipelago? I don't know if I could resist that.
Though I have a feeling if you went you wouldn't be coming back with all your organs. I'm not sure if Ray has hired a great agency here. Say for instance if you drew in a new box with 'Shoot man with gun so big it is slightly uncomfortable to hold' they could make it happen.
Unless Vlad is involved. That might explain it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 12:35:42 pm »

My first reaction to this strip was utter relief. Thank God, a normal comic.

My second: Sweden is not the first country I'd think of outsourcing this kind of thing to. I mean, they're not exactly your stereotypical party people, are they?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 12:44:14 pm »

My first reaction to this strip was utter relief. Thank God, a normal comic.

My second: Sweden is not the first country I'd think of outsourcing this kind of thing to. I mean, they're not exactly your stereotypical party people, are they?

Can you name another country with a world famous bikini team? I think they may actually be the most partyingest country.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 02:51:05 pm »

I think they may actually be the most partyingest country.
I thought the Spanish had that title locked down with their crazy goat flinging festival.  Or maybe the Brazilians with the month long orgy before Lent.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 03:17:31 pm »

Cameras record while I harass a community in my car?  omggggg, that is hard to resist despite the temping offer of swolen genetalia.

I wish today could be a Rad Day, instead of merely usual, unenjoyable obligations.
Logged
ACHIEVE

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 04:36:04 pm »

Excellent comic, onstad. GG.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 05:21:18 pm »

I am a huge fan of doing things that would... for some unknown reason... seem normal done via e-mail and doing them via normal mail instead, pointing out how ludicrious the action actually is.

Would you really send out twenty copies of a list of long-disproven urban legends to your entire family?

I sure wouldn't. And yet people do this online all the time.

It is some kind of Thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 06:56:32 pm »

Would you really send out twenty copies of a list of long-disproven urban legends to your entire family?

I sure wouldn't. And yet people do this online all the time.

This is a necessary economic evil.

My mom does these things all the damn time, but it keeps her feeling like she needs her high-speed Roadrunner connection and the relatively sophisticated Gateway laptop, upgraded from an old Mac G3 that she bought in 1999 or so because she got a discount as a teacher.

Apply that model across every household in America - some lady buying way more technology than she needs so she can play Mah-jong on a $2,000 desktop with a 19" flat panel - and see how the rest of us reap the benefits.  If computer use was actually only done by those of us who know better than to send a panicy chain letter to everyone in our address book, manufacturers wouldn't be able to offer the prices they can with demand as it currently is.  We need those casual users and the money they spend, even if it means our Inboxes are 98% full of junk and we still have to issue warnings about Nigerian check scams every now and then, to keep prices low and technology in development for the rest of us.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 07:19:10 pm »

This is a necessary economic evil.

My mom does these things all the damn time, but it keeps her feeling like she needs her high-speed Roadrunner connection and the relatively sophisticated Gateway laptop, upgraded from an old Mac G3 that she bought in 1999 or so because she got a discount as a teacher.

Apply that model across every household in America - some lady buying way more technology than she needs so she can play Mah-jong on a $2,000 desktop with a 19" flat panel - and see how the rest of us reap the benefits.  If computer use was actually only done by those of us who know better than to send a panicy chain letter to everyone in our address book, manufacturers wouldn't be able to offer the prices they can with demand as it currently is.  We need those casual users and the money they spend, even if it means our Inboxes are 98% full of junk and we still have to issue warnings about Nigerian check scams every now and then, to keep prices low and technology in development for the rest of us.
We have extraordinarily similar mothers.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Oct 25, 2007 - I go on a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 08:09:39 pm »

This is a pretty awesome strip. Somehow, the broken English makes it; I can't even entirely understand what that last option is, except that it's extremely Swedish.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up