Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Look at what my baby did!  (Read 2337 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Look at what my baby did!
« on: October 27, 2007, 03:20:50 am »

She made a video.  I'm proud of her.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 03:32:12 am »

Nicely done, definitely superior to the interminable anime-to-random-music videos that fill youtube.

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 03:32:26 am »

That's pretty good stuff - clean editing, pacing to match the music, etc.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but she's not a baby anymore.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 03:36:07 am »

She'll always be my baby.

I thought it was pretty decent for a 14 year old.  She shot all the footage herself and did all the editing.  The end is better than the beginning.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 03:54:47 pm »

Nicely done yet still lacking footage of AW on Jeopardy.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 06:12:37 pm »

Nice work! And a lot better than the only video I've ever made and submitted to youtube. So many inside jokes...

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 07:38:17 pm »

this is pretty cool.

It is weird to me that at this point, there are kids doing this stuff and... they are so much younger than me. They are KIDS.
I am suddenly at a point where everyone younger than me is just SO YOUNG.
Although yesterday a Junior girl I've been in class with all year told me she always thought I was a senior, so, maybe I look old? I don't really think I do...

Did she learn how to do all this stuff by herself? Technology is so amazing.

I am glad that you are proud of your kid doing stuff like this. And that your daughter wanted to show this to you. You are a good dad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 04:31:00 am »

this is pretty cool.

It is weird to me that at this point, there are kids doing this stuff and... they are so much younger than me. They are KIDS.
I am suddenly at a point where everyone younger than me is just SO YOUNG.

Yeah.  About 5 years younger.  A veritable eternity.

Quote
Did she learn how to do all this stuff by herself? Technology is so amazing.

She did.  It is.

Quote
I am glad that you are proud of your kid doing stuff like this.
 

How could I not be???

Quote
And that your daughter wanted to show this to you.

Yes.  Me too.  She's usually very secretive about her stuff, so I'm very pleased.  Although I think she's proud of her work and looking for a little validation.  I should her some of your comments -- she was mad at me for posting the link, but pleased with the response.

Quote
You are a good dad.

I try, but there are plenty of aspects of it I suck at.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 07:40:01 am »

I mean, some parents are not into their kids doing this kind of stuff. I don't know. My parents always were, but I knew other kids whose parents were not into it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 07:51:23 am »

Our esteemed August West is not your typical parent.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 05:19:09 pm »

This is the best picture I have of August and his daughter.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Look at what my baby did!
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 05:52:11 pm »

Wow, that's really good, and not even just for a first movie.  It's just good in general (especially in relation to the videos that YouTube saw fit to suggest on your daughter's video page).

Do you know what software she used to make this?

If she's really interested in video editing, get that girl a Mac with Final Cut Express ASAP.  She could be employable by the time she leaves high school if she learns the tools now.  And there's no reason not to learn the tools, since you can get them on a $1200 consumer computer and practice in your bedroom with techniques you read on the internet.

Whenever I start to worry for our future (I listened to the radio for a few minutes yesterday) I'll encounter something like this and then think maybe we'll be okay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up