Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise  (Read 8052 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 07:27:18 am »

oh. he was a friend of mine from 4th grade until almost senior year. The entirety of this time, I put up with him being a jackass because "he's such a good friend." People asked me why I was friends with such a jerky guy-- "oh, no, he's actually a nice guy."
And then, slowly, I started realizing... he wasn't a nice guy. he was a jerk. a kid with too much money and not enough brain or respect for other people.
then he kicked me out of our garage band for being bad at guitar.
and then he made out with my girlfriend, then told all of my friends that she was a huge slut and had basically forced him into it. because I did not think it was necessary to tell all of my friends that he had made out with my girlfriend, and he did, all of them only heard his version, and still think that that is the real story.
now he thinks we are friends again, but I still hate him. goddamn, what a jackass.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2007, 09:52:19 am »

I agree with most of the above (and back a few pages), the Realdoll thing goes beyond a simple sex toy, it's a conscious choice to disconnect from reality and impose your own. A trait which makes great mean great and lesser men creepy. Plus yeah, a woman having a dildo is a statement that she enjoys physical pleasure and does not want to rely on another person to get it. A realdoll is statement that a man cannot connect with another person on an emotional level but wants to convince himself that he can buy the next best thing. But then again, if you're happy and you're not hurting anyone else, fuck whatever you please. Emotional connections are probably over-rated anyway.

I would shower with Ms. Spektor if she would make that 'Uh-Oh' noise from 'On the Radio', I would also shower from Natalie Imbruglia circa 2000.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2007, 05:24:27 pm »

I would shower with Ms. Spektor if she would make that 'Uh-Oh' noise from 'On the Radio', I would also shower from Natalie Imbruglia circa 2000.

I would like to know if the "time shower" is a concept that has been explored in science fiction.

Or perhaps, I am better off not knowing.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up