Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serializer  (Read 1463 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Serializer
« on: October 23, 2003, 02:49:57 pm »

Well,

some months ago when the Dumbrella board was still kicking, Onstad started a topic to slag off Serializer.net. In this topic he promptly suggested that anyone with a subscription should stop it with immediate effect, as he wasn't making any money from it and they were treating him like crap. He backed this up by saying he was going to stop putting his work on there.

Well, I cancelled my subscription, but still had 9 months or so to run on it. These months have seen some very good strips and some absolute tosh (NS) but recently, it looks as if it might be getting a new lease of life, which kind of pisses me off and kind of goes against the things that were said back in the day.

Anyway -  :P - it was a principle thing rather than a money thing.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Serializer
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 02:59:43 pm »

Quote from: "pubdoggy"
some months ago when the Dumbrella board was still kicking, Onstad started a topic to slag off Serializer.net. In this topic he promptly suggested that anyone with a subscription should stop it with immediate effect, as he wasn't making any money from it and they were treating him like crap. He backed this up by saying he was going to stop putting his work on there.


? Does anybody else not remember this?
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Re: Serializer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 03:33:42 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"


? Does anybody else not remember this?


I do, but I figured it was just Onstad blowing off steam.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Serializer
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 03:35:26 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

? Does anybody else not remember this?


Me.
But then I forget a lot of things. A lot!
Or I may just not have read it.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Serializer
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 03:52:04 pm »

I remember it.  He basically just said "every time somebody subscribes to Serializer, a baby dies."  I was never sure what he meant by that.  It could have just been a random odd thing.  At any rate, I've kept my subscription out of sheer inertia and probably will consider to do so.  Ho hum.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up