Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007  (Read 6261 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 05:20:26 am »

Phillipe, being immortal, has infinite love to give.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. Remember, it wasn't originally about pilgrims and Native Americans and all that kinda made up stuff, that was just ret-conned in later, in the Crisis on Infinite Holidays when they also turned noble Armistice Day into gaudy redundant Veterans Day and so on.

It was just about being thankful. Like Life Day, except without the Wookies or Bea Arthur.

Enjoy your bird or ethical bird-like substitute and have a good one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 09:51:19 am »

That may have something to with WWII being a "good war" and WWI being a stupid one. Also, being able to count living WWI veterans on your fingers.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 06:11:50 am »

Aww, Philippe's little bee card to us was pretty dang cute. I also enjoyed the Ray-Téodor exchange on the telephone. I love how Onstad is able to present his characters so masterfully. They are so multi-dimensional that I feel as if I know them. Like my imaginary internet friends that I have on this board, chums! Or perhaps I should say m'buches.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up