Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"  (Read 3132 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« on: November 12, 2007, 12:40:01 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11122007

Frankly, I would definitely not want to own my mother's cheese.

Yes, it would be disturbing that someone else was buying it on the internet?

But not nearly as disturbing as having to come into contact with it myself.

As long as I do not interact with it, I can construct a reality where it isn't. I am good at these things.

ALSO: I had to briefly look at Assbar to create this thread. I weep for the future.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 01:15:04 am »

Real ebay item numbers are 12 digits in length, this one is 11. Also, it is the phone number of a person living near my girlfriend in Somerville.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 01:16:04 am »

man, weird.

weird weird weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 01:44:49 am »

Is it wrong that my favorite part of this strip is the "one panel later" gag?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 02:20:51 am »

Is it wrong that my favorite part of this strip is the "one panel later" gag?

It's oh so right.

LFM, why did you have to look at assbar?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 02:27:21 am »

It's oh so right.

LFM, why did you have to look at assbar?
He thought it was a fetish website about sphincters lifting barbels.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 02:45:54 am »

Because I haven't made a "new strip" thread in so long that I forgot assbar existed and I assumed that clicking on the strip would give me the permalink to post into the new thread, cut-and-paste, nice and tidy.

Pretty much, I blanked on assbar existing at all and... Lordy, Lordy... it reminded me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 03:57:03 am »

More disturbing breast stuff.

Sometimes I think Onstad has anxiety related to sex stuff.  The disembodied boob and this are just so... yikes.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 04:03:26 am »

This strip is about ten kinds of uncomfortable.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 04:28:53 am »

This strip is about ten kinds of uncomfortable.

Yeah, just imagining Ray blanking out and crying and pleading on the phone to some eBay exec just unnerves me. He even busted out "baby girl". The man is a shambles.

This is the work of Bensington Butters.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 06:01:28 am »

...aaaand now i'm going to bed to start my week with this in my brain.  thanks chris.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 04:32:03 pm »

So wait... does this lady know Ray from old times?  Is she like, somehow extorting him with mom-cheese she got back in the day?  Like she was his nanny back in the day, but now she runs ebay?  What the hell is going on exactly?  He seems to know her, know her intimately enough to have a pet name going on... or is he using "baby girl" due to panic?  I just... no.  Okay?  I am not okay with mom-cheese extortion.  That is going too far.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 09:58:12 pm »

So wait... does this lady know Ray from old times?  Is she like, somehow extorting him with mom-cheese she got back in the day?  Like she was his nanny back in the day, but now she runs ebay?  What the hell is going on exactly?  He seems to know her, know her intimately enough to have a pet name going on... or is he using "baby girl" due to panic?  I just... no.  Okay?  I am not okay with mom-cheese extortion.  That is going too far.
That's how I read it. She's either selling it or permitting it to be sold because of some old grudge.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 10:39:43 pm »

So wait... does this lady know Ray from old times?  Is she like, somehow extorting him with mom-cheese she got back in the day?  Like she was his nanny back in the day, but now she runs ebay?  What the hell is going on exactly?  He seems to know her, know her intimately enough to have a pet name going on... or is he using "baby girl" due to panic?  I just... no.  Okay?  I am not okay with mom-cheese extortion.  That is going too far.



The lady he's calling is not the seller, it is eBay's CEO, who he knows presumably because he's Ray Smuckles and Knows People. I read this as him calling in such panic that she hung up on him as being clearly drunk and/or insane today (as, for example, Dr. Andretti has been known to do.) Having blown his shot at convincing the CEO of eBay to intervene, the wealthy cat decides his only choice is to accept fate and purchase his mother's cheese in proxy-bid auction.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: November 12th, 2007 - "You Are Signed In As Organized Man"
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 12:15:13 am »

It's only going for $15.50 right now. Clearly this is more of a principle thing.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up