Hate to break it to him but Canada actually ended slavery AFTER the United States, and we both ended it over a hundred years ago. Does he also have a problem with spending money in Egypt because of their enslavement of the Israelites?
Why are you arguing with me about someone else's opinions? He's... he's not even here. I told you he was prejudiced against you... don't you understand that prejudice isn't rational? That's how... that's how it works.
Anyway, compairing slavery in the US to slavery in Canada is sort of apples and oranges. The number of slaves in the US was in the millions, where as the number in Canada was under 5000 according to any records I've ever seen, hence his stance that the US's
wealth was built on slavery. I never said anything about Canada not having slaves - more than half the slaves in Canada were Aboriginal don't cha know. Conversely I try to remind him that our country's wealth was built on the genocide of a group of people to which I belong ancestorally, so ummm... he should hate
our country more than the US because they tried to annihilate
my peeps. My peeps! I mean, "now it's personal," as they say in the movies Then he points out the same genocide was enacted in the US, and well... There's basically no reasoning with him. Like I said, he hates Americans. I don't. I hate a lot of things about America, but I don't hate Americans.
Basically what I am telling you is that I will never convince him to go to Arizona.
Besides, I don't want to go to Arizona for other reasons. Mostly because it's where old dried up Canadians go, and I want to go where young virile Canadians go, okay? Is it okay that I want to go somewhere to drink and fuck? Because that's my idea of a vacation. Drinking, fuck*ng and a beach. I mean, my grandparents had a trailer in Yuma, and as far as I can tell, all they did was play hossshoes. There was no drinking, I don't want to think about the fuck*ng... and uh... Man, now all I can think about is old people sex. For fuck sake!
Anyway, A-CAP I appreciate your alternate views. If you wanna continue the "America's Wealth, built on slavery: yes or no" conversation, start a new thread for it. See how I mod? With a soft hand and an open mind. (Damn, even "soft hand" still has me thinking about old people sex. Gah!)