Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Inclusives?  (Read 10651 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 11:49:37 pm »

Hence: Cuba.  One of our friends is going to an all-inclusive in Cuba next month, so we'll have to find out how that goes for him.
Make sure you pronounce that as kyoo'ber.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 06:50:46 am »

Nothing is worse than drunken college students, wherever they are from.

I highly support your decision to avoid them, and thus would not recommend Cancun or anywhere reachable by boat from Florida.

I've had some good times on smaller Caribbean islands that were not infested with the college, but I don't think there are any all-inclusives on Bimini, and also it's been hit by some hurricanes since I went.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2007, 06:57:04 am »

Quote from: Lister
Nothing is worse than drunken college students, wherever they are from.

There is one thing worse.

Drunken college students who aren't sexually attracted to you.

At least if they're hot for you... uhm... you know. You can make up for the annoying with sex.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 07:08:26 am »

I would recommend Costa Rica but I don't know what the tourist situation would be like in the dry season. There may be a high probability of drunken college students. But there are nice rainforests, nice beaches, and delicious giraffe.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 04:13:42 pm »

I would recommend Costa Rica but I don't know what the tourist situation would be like in the dry season. There may be a high probability of drunken college students. But there are nice rainforests, nice beaches, and delicious giraffe.

I have a vision of me, clothing torn, running into the rainforest, with a bunch of drunken frat boys stumbling behind me.  "I guess I'll just live in the trees now. Sigh." 

Actually, Costa Rica would be cool.  I'll have to check into it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 05:12:33 pm »

Your own man-harem tropical paradise fantasy?  Maybe with an Abercrombie & Fitch photographer to capture the decadence for posterity - and catalog material?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 06:09:30 pm »

Oh man I just remembered something totally awesome about Costa Rica. There are crabs that live in the mountains (this is on the Pacific side, near some national park). So while you are strolling along the nice path to the beach, you will see these little holes, then little crabs scuttling into the little holes.

Other plusses: Cute monkeys.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 06:48:12 pm »

I've heard good things from friends about Belize, but I don't know any specifics.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 07:33:48 pm »

My SIL took her honeymoon on the Mexican Rivera.  Apparently it's less touristy than a lot of places and cheaper than some of the hot spots (like the Bahamas, etc).  I first read about it in Real Simple's special travel issue this past spring, but I can't find my copy now and it doesn't appear to be available online. 

Also check out Cruise Critic, a site I just stumbled upon.  It looks like it would be helpful. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 09:58:19 pm »

Southern Pacific Ocean.

Tahiti.
Bora Bora.
Fiji.


Hell, New Zealand is an awesomely beautiful place.

And Hawaii is VERY non-American if you do it right, but for sensitivity's sake may I suggest a myriad of other beautiful islands such as

Palau
Federated States of Micronesia
Tonga.


It's a big ol' world.



Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 03:53:05 am »

To:  Side Show

Re:  Americans

We're everywhere baby, you ain't never gonna find a place that's not crawling with us.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 03:59:04 am »

we're like kudzu. there is someplace where we belong, where we would be under control, but it isn't any of the places that we are.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: All Inclusives?
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2007, 12:45:49 am »

I ain't the one that's gotta learn that lesson.  I've got American friends of both the real and imaginary extraction after all. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up