Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy  (Read 3070 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« on: November 14, 2007, 08:57:12 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11142007

An external-combustion engine is otherwise known as a steam engine. Cmon 'stad.
Also, Dornheim closes his mouth... to imagine flaming death.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:09:21 am by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Cynicar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:06:47 am »

"Koodge" is my new favorite onomatopoeia.

Dornheim closing his mouth provides me with a distinct sense of relief.
Logged
That's like comparin' a lunatic to a pissed man with goals.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 10:22:00 am »

Dornheim may have closed his mouth momentarily, but it is still open for way longer than anybody should keep their mouth open. His teeth are so... static.

The exploding car makes things better, but only marginally so.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

MagFlare

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 12:54:45 pm »

I think what I like most, apart from the fact that Dornheim finally hid those terrifying ice-white picket fences, is Ray's character moment.

Dornheim just totally dissed his ride, but does he get offended? Hell no. Why? Because he's Ray, God dammit, and he's got nothing to prove to anyone. If the mood took him, he'd trade in his Escalade for a Breast Cancer Awareness-themed parade float and drive that down Santa Monica Boulevard.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 01:24:20 pm »

Gonna beat B to-tha-ancer in 2 0 0 7.

Dornheim once again proves himself to be a sensible man, not one to indulge the foolish fantasies of others.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 02:19:04 pm »

I think what I like most, apart from the fact that Dornheim finally hid those terrifying ice-white picket fences, is Ray's character moment.

Dornheim just totally dissed his ride, but does he get offended? Hell no. Why? Because he's Ray, God dammit, and he's got nothing to prove to anyone. If the mood took him, he'd trade in his Escalade for a Breast Cancer Awareness-themed parade float and drive that down Santa Monica Boulevard.

Dang it hypothetical Ray, breast cancer already has enough awareness. What about prostate or lung cancers?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 04:15:35 pm »

Dang it hypothetical Ray, breast cancer already has enough awareness. What about prostate or lung cancers?
I think placenta cancer needs more attention.  Also, a Stirling Engine is another external combustion engine that is in relatively common use, though not for cars.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 05:20:07 pm »

I think placenta cancer needs more attention.  Also, a Stirling Engine is another external combustion engine that is in relatively common use, though not for cars.

Must... resist... placenta joke...
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 06:02:38 pm »

Why... why do the cats still have glasses designed to latch onto their heads where human ears are instead of either up over the ears on the tops of their heads or... like... some kind of goggle-like device? I just thought about this, after years of reading this strip. Why? It's driving me nuts now. I'm not high or anything.

I'm... pretty sure I'm not high.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 06:05:09 pm »

Because they would look really odd and be distracting. See also: lady cats having only two boobs.

Does Ray's car have a special groove for his tail while he's sitting up?
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 06:19:01 pm »

LFM, is it driving you nuts now because Dornheim has humongous bald grooves on the side of his head where human ears should be, only he's a cat so there are no ears there?

I think Pat has the same bald groove thing going on, but his hair is not as thick and prolific as Dornheim's.

The longer you look at Dornheim, the scarier he gets (or else I just really need to get some sleep).
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 06:21:56 pm »

This... this may be exactly it, chewy. You are a gentlewoman and a scholar.

Thank you! At least I know why I noticed it just now.

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 08:06:07 pm »

Is anyone else wondering if Ray's Escalade being made in Mexico is a setup for another Mexican-magical-realism plot? If nothing else, it could always start raining inside.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 08:08:01 pm »

The longer you look at Dornheim, the scarier he gets (or else I just really need to get some sleep).

No, not just you. He has strange teeth. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be really crooked? Or just very sharp?
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 08:56:23 pm »

It kind of makes me feel uncomfortable when a new character is introduced who is basically identical to an already existing character just with extra shit pasted on. Like how Snoopy is apparently the only one among his siblings that doesn't wear clothes.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up