Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lego Modeling  (Read 1971 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Lego Modeling
« on: November 16, 2007, 02:38:04 pm »

So, I woke up this morning with a random thought in my head. 

Do you ever do that?  Wake up and there's a word or phrase or a whole idea rattling around in there and you have no idea where it came from? 

Today that thought was: Lego Kennedy Motorcade. 

So I did what any red-blooded geek would do.  I googled it.  And found this. 

So now I know there is at least one person out there as whacked out as I am. 

Of course...since the idea has tumbled for a while, now I want to do the Archduke Ferdinand's assassination as well. 

Lego Assassins: The Series. 

Heaven help us all. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Modeling
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 02:58:51 pm »

That's actually kind of appealing, maybe because in my head JFK is kind of half-way to being a lego man anyway, slightly too perfect, eerily solid hair...
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Modeling
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 03:51:52 pm »

Back and to the left...
Back and to the left...
Back and to the left...
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Lego Modeling
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 05:20:35 pm »

I always wanted to do an animation of the Kennedy Assassination with McDonaldland characters.

All Mayor McCheese and Birdie the Early Bird in the car, all pickles and meat blowing off his head, stray dogs eating his burger brains.

All Hamburglar being shot in the gut being taken out of the police station.

All pulling out to Ronald McDonald showing the footage over and over to a jury of Fryguys.

"Back and to the left. Back... and to the left."

My dreams are fun, sometimes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Lego Modeling
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 05:47:21 pm »

I...

it took me way too long to realize it was Uncyclopedia, and not wikipedia. I was horrified.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Lego Modeling
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 05:56:48 pm »

I now know what I am going to do over Thanksgiving break: digging up my fifty kabarillion Lego sets and building historical scenes with them. Unfortunatly, the only Lego sets my brother and I ever bought were the "pirates and islanders" and "bright yellow underwater machines" sets. Which means Lincoln will be played by a surly pirate, and Archduke Ferdinand may have to be a morose grass-skirted fellow. The assasins will either be sharks or scuba-helmeted hermaphrodites.

Or maybe I'll determine exactly what "Nobody forgets the name of Joaquin Hamlet!" means.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Modeling
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 06:11:37 pm »

Don't forget John Hinckley, Jr.'s attempt on Reagan's life. 

This is a good project to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon while watching Taxi Driver.  Preferably with somebody you love (and can geek out with) in front of a roaring fire. 

My wedding anniversary is tomorrow, I guess I have geeky romance on the brain. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Modeling
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 06:41:12 pm »

I always wanted to do an animation of the Kennedy Assassination with McDonaldland characters.

Seth MacFarlane, have you secretly taken over LFM's account?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Modeling
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 06:58:13 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up