Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )  (Read 3740 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:28:49 am »

The link.

The bumper sticker will soon be available from Achewood.com.

Or at least it should.
Logged

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 01:35:49 am »

Dammit, I was just going to start this as "His silence was articulate".

The way they're hanging on to every little irrelevant detail about Ramses is kind of depressing.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 01:39:07 am »

When it's all you've got...
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 01:41:03 am »

What a great strip.

EB, you're right that their clinging to sad details is hell of depressing. Too bad that RLS could never man up and be around for his litters of children that he left behind. Irene, Sondra...who knows how many others are out there.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 01:57:23 am »

I had a whiskey sour on Friday. It was in no way famous.

"Master of leavery" sounds like a Daily Show line.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 02:14:13 am »

I once ordered a whiskey sour at a reputable bar in new york city. The bartendress was hired for her looks and obviously not her art of mixology. She asked me what a whiskey sour was, so i told her. She came back with jack daniels and vermouth. Welcome to flavor country.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 02:26:39 am »

Whiskey sours ain't my thing. Mixed drinks, man, I'm just not a fan.

I guess I am crude like that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 02:33:30 am »

I used to like them but I have sufficiently switched to straight whiskey.  I can even take down Kentucky Deluxe with no mixer/chaser these days.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 02:38:32 am »

a weekend or so ago did a shot of Jim Beam and was pretty unhappy with the whole experience.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 02:40:27 am »

A week ago I set an unofficial record at a bar by drinking a 32 oz. beer quicker than anybody had ever seen.

It is my one genetic gift.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 02:50:14 am »

I think I also will only vote for the candidate who supports the ass kicking initiative.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 03:05:27 am »

Whiskey sours ain't my thing. Mixed drinks, man, I'm just not a fan.

I guess I am crude like that.

Basically I'm not really a fan of drinking. Whiskey sours are basically the one drink I've tried that I don't hate. Although I haven't tried very many drinks at all. TI has more drinking experience than I do, is what I'm saying here.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 04:13:49 am »

I once ordered a whiskey sour at a reputable bar in new york city. The bartendress was hired for her looks and obviously not her art of mixology. She asked me what a whiskey sour was, so i told her. She came back with jack daniels and vermouth. Welcome to flavor country.

If it was sweet vermouth, that's a Manhattan.  Good stuff.

Also, best strip in weeks.

Turns out Ray is from his own sort of circumstances.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 04:47:48 am »

I think I also will only vote for the candidate who supports the ass kicking initiative.
I think I'll bring this up at one of Pete Stark's next town hall meetings.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: my famous whiskey sours ( 19 November 2007 )
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 06:05:10 am »

Yeah, I find this strip kind of poignant, actually: these two guys, both successful men, clinging to the bare shreds of facts about a father they've never known and never will. I'm not normally touched by Achewood, but this strip... yeah.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up