Lately I have been thinking a lot about emigrating or at least studying abroad. Although I have never been to Australia or Canada, they both seem very appealing. I was also looking into emigrating to an EU country if I can get an Italian passport. My twin sister was looking into getting dual Italian citizenship for us, but I think that in order for us to claim citizenship through the paternal line, it has to be unbroken - meaning that our dad would also have to apply, and he has a bad attitude about it ("We live in the best country in the world! Why would you want to change that??"). Plus nobody can find documentation as to whether our great-grandfather renounced his Italian citizenship when he came through Ellis Island because there was a huge fire that destroyed the records. Apparently that will be monumental in determining whether or not we will be eligible for dual Italian citizenship.
I think that the easiest path would be to study abroad in another country, get a Master's degree there, and then try to find a job/sponsor. Or do you think that I should just try to get a degree here, and THEN try to find a job? Either way, it's gonna be expensive.
Have any of you party people studied abroad or emigrated without a sponsor? One of Kelli's friends is living and studying in Aus as a grad student. My dad has a horrible attitude about it, and has done everything possible to dissuade me from even thinking about it, which I think is bullshit. I love being back in Colorado, but I really want another new challenge.