I mean, that's pretty much how things are under the heel of the European oppressors. It is a pretty standard deal, I think.
What I'm saying is, there aren't any people around who are like "man, we totally lucked out, being under this heel. this heel, oppressing us? this is prime. this is our golden age."
linnea, don't look for a guy who wants a mail order bride.
now I am imagining the dichotomy of... the guy who would want an American mail order bride, vs. the guy who would want, say, a Russian or Thai one. There are so many ways a person can be creepy, is what I am getting across.
however, when you show up on the scene in this country which you end up going to, the guys with accents which are attractive to you will be all "hey, who is that girl, her name is Somebody nice and her looks are great/ I would really like to take her on a date/ man, no, seriously, she is rad."
I am saying this because you are pretty and full of desire for adventure, both Alaska-based and non-Alaska based.