Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Emigrating  (Read 14111 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2007, 09:31:21 pm »

You know you can order online from Papa John's now?  Same benefits, you can verify the livin' crap out of your order before submitting.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007, 09:34:55 pm »

At home we're not allowed to order Papa John's or Domino's because they both give money to anti-choice groups.

I ordered from Pizza Hut online once and everything was fine.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007, 09:47:45 pm »

Quote
At home we're not allowed to order Papa John's or Domino's because they both give money to anti-choice groups.

It's like the future has sent... a telegram to today.

I see my future involving rules like this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2007, 11:24:22 pm »

It's like the future has sent... a telegram to today.

I see my future involving rules like this.
I cant imagine a future where I am concerned with food chain political contributions. The time and energy required to research every place of business and what they do with their money is time and energy id rather spend on other things.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2007, 11:41:05 pm »

Like eating pizza?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 11:51:31 pm »

oh, no, see, I imagine myself living in a house with a lady who cares enough to check up on this stuff. and, of course, cares enough to make a rule that Papa John's is Not OK to Eat due to this fact.

Also, we live in an age where information is available through avenues other than finding it out yourself.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2007, 12:25:47 am »

Well, you still have to fire up Google and sort the wheat from the chaff.  Its not like they're beaming your choices directly into your skull (yet).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2007, 12:41:09 am »

For a couple years the SO always went on the Ms. magazine cruise and one of the most popular sessions was always investing/eating/shopping ethically. So they'd give you lists of Bad Places like Domino's & Papa Johns. Although those two are really blatant about their beliefs already.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007, 12:43:30 am »

Are they handing out "Free Eric Rudolph!" bumper stickers or something?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2007, 01:09:24 am »

Are they handing out "Free Eric Rudolph!" bumper stickers or something?

Well the head guy at Domino's (CEO? Founder?) is trying to start an all-Catholic town in Florida. None of the drug stores will be allowed to carry condoms, all the schools will be Catholic schools. That kind of thing.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2007, 01:19:47 am »

At home we're not allowed to order Papa John's or Domino's because they both give money to anti-choice groups.

My favourite part of this sentence is the 'at home', the implication being that you secretly and illicitly order papa john's pizza from work or similar.

Also I don't order dominoes pizza beacuse I like my pizza to taste good. I always get into arguments with The Lady about this because she believes Dominoes is superior the the Hut whilst I champion the opposite agenda. Luckily there are like 3 tiny boutique type pizza shops basically in walking distance of us that beats the ##### of any stupid chain store.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2007, 01:35:36 am »

I don't usually eat Domino's or Papa John's because they don't taste so good.  Fortunately I have a little mom and pop place very close that makes really good pie.  I don't know their politics, but the dude that delivers has a Radiohead and a Bjork bumper sticker.  He brought the pizza into my apartment and put two slices on a plate for me that time I sprained my ankle.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2007, 01:37:46 am »

I have a weakness for Papa Johns because I like that garlic-butter-esque stuff they give you to dip your crusts into. It is thoroughly mediocre otherwise but that other stuff is completely addictive.

I... need to exercise more, this is all there is to it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2007, 01:41:07 am »

As far as bland chains go, I think Round Table is the best you can get. I can do with Pizza Hut, but Dominoes is like eating some dude's old college sweatshirt with a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese on it.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrating
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2007, 01:44:51 am »

A-CAP doesnt allow coca cola products to be sold or distributed on campus because there was a thing a couple years ago when coca cola refused to deny that maybe they funnel money to paramilitary groups
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up