Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honey Wine  (Read 2656 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Honey Wine
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:13:53 pm »

So my dad raided his hives again and he's going on holiday for a month so I just scored something like four litres of honey and I need something to do with it.
I'm thinking Mead and before I start scouting the net for instructions I thought I'd hit you guys up first to see if anyone had a good recipe (I seem to remember arachnocapitalist mentioning he'd made some a while ago).

I'm also open to any other suggestions for what one can do with ridiculously large amounts of fresh, sweet, unprocessed honey.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 01:48:24 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Honeye Winef
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 01:19:48 pm »

Honey Slides!


Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Honeye Winef
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 01:22:54 pm »

That would be very sticky.... I like your thinking.


Ooooh I could coat my walls with it until I could climb them. Probably need more than 4 litres but my dad has more and I have the keys to his house.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Honeye Winef
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 01:48:28 pm »

Eastern European Honey Wrestling!   


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JV0X-9CwcY


Come for the light erotica, stay for the hilarious announcing.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 01:58:12 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Thee Honeye Winef
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 06:27:11 pm »

When I first saw this thread title, I thought it said "The Horny Wife."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Thee Honeye Winef
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 07:01:52 pm »

Marijuana buds sauteed in honey were the inspiration for much of Neil Young's mid-career work.

So they must be awesome.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Honeye Winef
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:25:07 pm »

I didn't want to ruin a young minds interpretation, but cough honeyslides cough.

Also, we have been over this, which is why I didn't push further, but here you go:

http://www.thrasherswheat.org/rns/honeyslides.htm
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Honeye Winef
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 12:32:21 am »

Oooh, damn. Have your pa's bees been hit by that nasty bee virus? We've had a ton of hives decimated here in the States. I hope that y'all's bees are doing okay.

MEAD! MEAD! MEEEEAAAAD! That shit is delicious. Unfortunately I don't have a recipe.

Also, I was a bit confused by the thread title, similarly to the mayor. I am also not going to click on any of KH's links, sorry.
However, now i am craving honey on toast. Damn.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Honeye Winef
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 01:01:41 am »

The second one is just about Neil Young.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Honeye Winef
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 01:21:25 am »

Oooh, damn. Have your pa's bees been hit by that nasty bee virus? We've had a ton of hives decimated here in the States. I hope that y'all's bees are doing okay.

MEAD! MEAD! MEEEEAAAAD! That shit is delicious. Unfortunately I don't have a recipe.

Also, I was a bit confused by the thread title, similarly to the mayor. I am also not going to click on any of KH's links, sorry.
However, now i am craving honey on toast. Damn.

I'm pretty sure that as a kid I read a science fiction story where all the bees in the world died, and then we were fucked. So when I initially heard about bees dying for real, I understandably thought that uhhhh, we were all going to die.

Those sci-fi anthology type things were basically crack for me as a kid. That and real crack, that is.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Honeye Winef
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 02:21:31 am »


Those sci-fi anthology type things were basically crack for me as a kid. That and real crack, that is.

I have a huge collection of them from the 60s through the early 80s.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up