Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)  (Read 2727 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« on: November 20, 2007, 04:38:34 am »

Egh. Dornheim tries to be rad like his dad, and fails. Ray tries to be impressed by the lame card which tries to be tough.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 05:19:20 am »

The cat finally realized that loneliness is a kind of company too.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 05:31:32 am »

That's a Hunt's move.

This is something that happened when I searched for Hunt's Ketchup just now.

Quote
Dana Says: Hi I'm Dana your personal shopping assistant.  I will do my best to try and find you great deals.  Please let me know what category you are interested in. If you are interested in movies, just type MOVIES.  Want to find coupons on clothing?  Just type CLOTHING.  I'll do my best to help you!

Dana Says: Just simply tell me what you are looking for and i will tell you where you can find it!

Dana Says: We find the BEST deals on the internet! Tell me what exactly you are in the market for and I will aim to find you the cheapest prices on your specific product.

You: What the hell, man, what the hell.

You: Where am I>

Dana Says: I would love to be of assistance, would you be more precise on the product you are looking for so I can better help you find it.

You: This must be the way out.

Dana Says: I am not quite sure I know what you are talking about, can you please be more specific with what you are looking for?

Dana Says: I am here to assist you with your shopping needs; however, I am not quite sure I understand exactly what kind of product you are looking for. Can you please be a bit more detailed?

You: I'm really not looking for any product. I don't like shopping.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:36:13 am by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 05:38:13 am »

The cat realized, at last, that imaginary guitar notes and imaginary vocals exist only in the imagination of the imaginer... and, ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway. Who... heh... who gives a fuck anyway? Haha... excuse me...

Hahahaha.

So the cat goes back to his ugly little room and quietly dreams his last imaginary guitar solo.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 05:52:24 am »

Cudahy?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 06:34:50 am »

That leave tried too hard and failed as a result. A master of leaving doesn't think about it, and he certainly doesn't need props.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 06:47:31 am »

Truly, Dornheim is the Carrot-top of leaving.

And... that's not good.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 02:06:45 pm »

And Ray is of course too gregarious a cat to ever have mastery of leavery. But at least he got the "kicking men's asses" part right.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 03:12:17 pm »

Also, the correct response to a personal shopping assistant named Dana, even a fake electronic one, is "There is no Dana, only Zuul."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 04:01:47 pm »

At first I thought there was some admirable quality to Dornheim's leave that was utterly lost on me, but after reading your responses, I am glad to see that there is no hidden layer of cool, and Dornheim really is, as I thought, just a massive prick.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 09:29:42 pm »

What bothers me is that my best friend reads achewood and this is exactly the kind of thing his easily suggestible ass might pull next time were at the bar.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 09:33:44 pm »

At first I thought there was some admirable quality to Dornheim's leave that was utterly lost on me, but after reading your responses, I am glad to see that there is no hidden layer of cool, and Dornheim really is, as I thought, just a massive prick.

Yes. But I am confused about why Ray doesn't seem to see this. Or is this just exactly the sort of thing you wouldn't expect Ray to see?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: PS No cab has been called (11-20-07)
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 12:05:37 am »

Yes. But I am confused about why Ray doesn't seem to see this. Or is this just exactly the sort of thing you wouldn't expect Ray to see?

Ray would feel bad if that were the case. Ray wants Ramses to be admirable, and he wants Dornheim to be admirable for trying to emulate him.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up