Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: November 21st, 2007 ...out of his mind on "jazz cigarettes" and ether  (Read 2774 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
November 21st, 2007 ...out of his mind on "jazz cigarettes" and ether
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 03:28:13 am »

Link
It wasn't until I moved back to the US that I learned what a "jalopy" was.  They werre either "heaps" or "bombs" in Sydney suburbs.  Given the track record of precocious kids in America, we shouldn't be surprised how Frank and Joe turned out.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 21st November 2007 - How his body proved that it was scared
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 03:32:43 am »

Maybe meeting Ray had a bad effect on the Hardy Boys.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: November 21st, 2007 ...out of his mind on "jazz cigarettes" and ether
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 04:09:46 am »

Topics merged.

Lyle seems to really enjoy adding fecal matter to children's stories. First Harry Potter now this.

I never actually read any Hardy Boys books, though.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: November 21st, 2007 ...out of his mind on "jazz cigarettes" and ether
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 04:16:05 am »

It would be a shame to waste a good pair of Chucks.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: November 21st, 2007 ...out of his mind on "jazz cigarettes" and ether
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 05:12:56 am »

There is something to be said about breaking the taboo of children's literature.

It is like building a time machine to fuck Judy Blume back when she was in her early thirties...

It is hot as hell and a lifelong dream.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: November 21st, 2007 ...out of his mind on "jazz cigarettes" and ether
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 06:23:43 am »

The line "his pupils the size of neutrons" isn't used enough in literature. If it were, I might relate to more story books.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: November 21st, 2007 ...out of his mind on "jazz cigarettes" and ether
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 04:32:18 pm »

There is something to be said about breaking the taboo of children's literature.

It is like building a time machine to fuck Judy Blume back when she was in her early thirties...

It is hot as hell and a lifelong dream.

Who? Huh? (Does further reasearch.) Yes. YES. Canned, sir.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: November 21st, 2007 ...out of his mind on "jazz cigarettes" and ether
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 04:52:15 pm »

I didn't read the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew or any of that. 

I was totally hooked on The Three Investigators, though.  I still have my original copies, complete with Alfred Hitchcock's profile on the spine. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: November 21st, 2007 ...out of his mind on "jazz cigarettes" and ether
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 08:16:15 pm »

I was into the Baby-Sitter's Club. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baby-sitters_Club)
 

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: November 21st, 2007 ...out of his mind on "jazz cigarettes" and ether
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 09:54:47 pm »

I definitely did the Hardy Boys and these strips lately have been awesome.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up