Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Poll

So who's going to win then d'ya reckon?

Johnny "I've met George Bush" Howard
- 3 (25%)
Kevin "Ching chong, wing wong" Rudd
- 9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 11


Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Aussie Federal Election  (Read 4607 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Aussie Federal Election
« on: November 22, 2007, 06:30:23 am »

So our federal election is coming up and I figured the most well controlled way of determining the pulse of the Australian public would be to get a bunch of imaginary people to tell me who's going to win. I'd prefer uninformed voting but if some of you actually know anything about the two main contenders I guess it can't be helped.

If some of the infrequent Aussies on the board want to actually discuss the election in a serious manner that would be cool too.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 07:00:42 am »

I'm always in favor of any poll option including "ching chong, wing wong."
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 07:06:59 am »

Which one does Rupert Murdoch own?

Whichever he owns, I vote fer the other one.

Unless he owns both. Then... the taller one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 08:45:02 am »

I googled those two guys, and damn. Y'all have to be able to find some more presidential looking suckers than those two.
I mean. Do not elect my friend's dad to be your president. I do not know what the adjective is, but, this man is an Engineer and has glasses that are too big and is really into being... small and Lutheran and really nice all the time in a way which I feel is related to his small stature and general nerdiness. It is the niceness of knowing that everyone can beat you up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 09:56:34 am »

We like electing the ugly ones around here, they work harder for it. Also a remarkably accurate description just from looking at them.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 03:34:48 pm »

I'm always in favor of any poll option including "ching chong, wing wong."

Yes. That's a campaign slogan we can all get behind.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 02:10:09 am »

I had to look them up on Wikipedia, because I am a horrible global citizen and I know nothing about political systems in Other Countries. I should get on the ball and start some learnin'!

Still, I have no idea if I should be in support of the Liberal Party or the Labour Party. Howard is the incumbent, his party (Liberal) wrested power away from the Labour party and his opponent, Kevin Rudd, is with the Labour party.

Doc, who are you voting for?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 03:31:26 am »

Well that would be telling, I wanted a completely random poll based on their names...

I'll be voting for Rudd. The Liberal party has done us well economy wise even taking the worldwide boom into account but I'm just becoming more and more frustrated with their foreign and domestic policies. Howard has been a good leader and I've got no major beef with him (though plenty of others do) but he's been there for 11 years now and I think he's getting the old tunnel vision.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 12:38:03 pm »

Congrats TOUAMB, you sucessfully predicted another election result. All Hail lord Tin Tin.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 02:30:41 pm »

Yay!  Kevin 07!
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 03:32:41 pm »

<-- John Howard
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 02:51:51 am »

Well that would be telling, I wanted a completely random poll based on their names...




Johnny "I've met George Bush" Howard


Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 02:59:49 am »

Yeah I know but I honestly couldn't think of anything else for him. They both look identical except for aging Johnny by about 20 years.

Maybe I should have made him 'king of munchkin land'?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 03:11:01 am »

I googled those two guys, and damn. Y'all have to be able to find some more presidential looking suckers than those two.
I mean. Do not elect my friend's dad to be your president. I do not know what the adjective is, but, this man is an Engineer and has glasses that are too big and is really into being... small and Lutheran and really nice all the time in a way which I feel is related to his small stature and general nerdiness. It is the niceness of knowing that everyone can beat you up.

Holy fuck is that guy ugly! It seems natual that I was just looking at the Men Who Look Like Old Lesbians (SFW) blog not too long ago. I think they just found their latest entry.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Federal Election
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 05:44:53 am »

John Howard - goodriddance.  Now if we can somehow get Stephen Harper voted out.  But that's not going to happen.  Have you seen the opposition leaders these days?  Shit.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up