Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I Met V-Adore  (Read 3292 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I Met V-Adore
« on: November 26, 2007, 05:26:03 am »

I was passing through on my way to check out my boyhood home so I gave her a call and invited her to come along.  We spent the day together.  We went to my boyhood home, my first school, The Pak-A-Sak where I had my first Icee, and we enjoyed my boyhood sandwich.

Then we went back to her town and checked out the Christmas lights, watched the fireworks display, had fudge and meat pies and then wound up getting lost.

Many more pictures to follow soon.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 05:41:23 am »

I was passing through on my way to check out my boyhood home so I gave her a call and invited her to come along.  We spent the day together.  We went to my boyhood home, my first school, The Pak-A-Sak where I had my first Icee, and we enjoyed my boyhood sandwich.

Then we went back to her town and checked out the Christmas lights, watched the fireworks display, had fudge and meat pies and then wound up getting lost.

Many more pictures to follow soon.

Excellent!  How nice for both of you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 05:50:25 am »

Sometimes guys on the internet meet girls and get them to try their manhood sandwich.

I'm glad this was much more pleasant for both of you.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 06:03:10 am »

Sometimes guys on the internet meet kids and try to have their boyhood sandwiches.

...And then shoot themselves rather than be on tv.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 06:26:41 am »

This was an awesome meetup. Paul, my parents think you're awesome, and it was overall a cool day spent out. (Good sandwich, too!)

EDIT: After reading the Flickr comments -- no, I did not dislike the sandwich! I just have this habit of being photographed looking confused/perturbed at food, as previously seen here.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 06:30:12 am by V-Adore »
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 02:52:30 pm »

"Fudge and meat pies" sounds filthy and depraved.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 04:10:26 pm »

You really do seem to be almost afraid of the sandwich.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 06:38:55 pm »

"Fudge and meat pies" sounds filthy and depraved.

It is.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 12:17:15 am »

Vador, how did you introduce paul to your family?
"Mom, dad.... this is paul. I met him on the internet. weve been talking for awhile now. I know it sounds kind of random but he said he was passing through and thought hed pick me up on his way to a place im not really sure of. Also, he said I shouldnt bring my cell phone or ID because he has a thing about that"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 12:23:27 am »

You don't need to "introduce" Paul. Paul is just Paul. Just as there is the sky, the wind and the ocean, so there is Paul.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 01:18:50 am »

Vador, how did you introduce paul to your family?
"Mom, dad.... this is paul. I met him on the internet. weve been talking for awhile now. I know it sounds kind of random but he said he was passing through and thought hed pick me up on his way to a place im not really sure of. Also, he said I shouldnt bring my cell phone or ID because he has a thing about that"
Pretty much like that, except without the part where Paul is a crazy Internet goon and with the part where he came into the house to recharge the camera for an hour and made pleasant conversation with my parents, in addition to charming the heck out of the cats.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 02:14:03 am »

Pretty much like that, except without the part where Paul is a crazy Internet goon and with the part where he came into the house to recharge the camera for an hour and made pleasant conversation with my parents, in addition to charming the heck out of the cats.

There's the trick sure enough. Get the animals onside and you're nine tenths there.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 02:22:42 am »

What fun! I'm glad to hear that the mini-Achecon was a success. I hope that I will get to meet you guys and some of the other board denizens sometime.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 04:09:56 am »

Next year, in Jerusalem!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I Met V-Adore
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 02:08:53 pm »

Vador, how did you introduce paul to your family?
"Mom, dad.... this is paul. I met him on the internet. weve been talking for awhile now. I know it sounds kind of random but he said he was passing through and thought hed pick me up on his way to a place im not really sure of. Also, he said I shouldnt bring my cell phone or ID because he has a thing about that"

I think you pretty much nailed it.  Except for the cell phone and the ID thing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up