Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch  (Read 5024 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 05:23:13 pm »

no, man, just put the laptop on the floor. is so easy. is basic thing.

...where is vlad lately? and liebot? have they been gone for something like a year???
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 03:42:20 am »

Did you guys see that Onstad put out a new hat?

Also, I agree with CJ and Wombat. This is how the dude makes his money. He is smart for putting out new merch at Christmas.

In a similar vein, fellow webcomic humorists Drew and Natalie are posting on their pages that their shit is selling way faster than expected and much faster than they can restock. They'll have more to sell in January, at least.

Even if it's way after the holiday season. Damn.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 04:00:16 am by linnea »
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 05:14:53 am »

I am really interested in the whole idea of people other than myself who are willing to pay for something they can get for free on the internet. People are aghast when I say that I buy CDs that I already have on my computer. I am especially interested in the idea that it varies depending on the content-- buying the Achewood Books somehow makes more sense to most people than buying a CD I have already downloaded-- and yet, the downloading of music is illegal, while reading the comics online is not. Hmm.

I don't know, but, like, when you download something you can burn it or put it on your ipod and then back it up on your external hd and also have it on your computer.  You own it and can use it forever (unless you get DRMed shit-please don't) but if Onstad decides to take his shit off tomorrow (not that he will) he can.  That is what would make me get the books, the fact that someday achewood.com will not exist but I can have the books forever.

Also, a lot easier to try to get someone in to something by giving them a book to borrow, not having to look like a super nerd all speaking of internet cartoons, etc.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 09:07:10 am »

I mean... I have a ridiculous number of Achewoods saved on my computer, because I used to compulsively save comics.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 09:12:40 am »

Yeah, I guess you could do that.  Never thought of it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 01:27:39 pm »

if Onstad decides to take his shit off tomorrow (not that he will) he can.  That is what would make me get the books, the fact that someday achewood.com will not exist but I can have the books forever.

That was actually a minor subplot in a dream I had either last night or the previous night - that I went to read Achewood, and there was a message that he had been picked up by a syndicate and part of the deal was that he had to shut the website down because the syndicate was starting the strip from the beginning in the papers. Weird.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 08:17:32 pm »

I am glad I am not the only one who has Achewood and TOUAMB- related dreams.

I have also started having Facebook dreams, and I am a little less comfortable with those.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 08:47:36 pm »

Well yeah, what if future employers see them.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 09:21:13 pm »

oh my god, do not even get me started on that shit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 10:05:48 pm »

Oh no, I was talking about your dreams.


oh shiiiiit
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 10:10:53 pm »

wait, what?

I meant do not get me started on the "future employers will see everything on facebook!" shit. I get in arguments about this thing. "I am OK with putting up pictures of me drinking and smoking pot on the internet, but I will delete my facebook when I want to get a job."
"Why don't you just... not put things you don't want people to see up on the internet?"
"but... what? *blank stare*"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2007, 11:07:39 pm »

I was trying to make a joke about how future employers will be able to see your dreams if they involve facebook.


Also, I don't care about future employers but also don't use facebook, so I don't want to get you started.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 01:03:00 am »

I try to make all of my online profiles as private as possible. I don't want people to be able to view my information until I specifically give them permission. Of course, you could also be like that beauty queen who posted mildly racy pictures of herself on her facebook site, and then one of her "friends" sold the pictures in an effort to make her rescind her plastic tiara and there was a mild controversy about the whole debacle. 
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 01:45:32 am »

Also, with this whole thing, I am pretty sure there are pictures of me hitting a bubbler on a friends facebook page, but I don't have an account.  I guess if I cared I could have him take them off, but you know, I don't.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh crap, oh goodness...new holiday merch
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 01:54:47 am »

I dont like any kind of photographic evidence of where Ive been, when Ive been there, or who Ive been with. I am defending my life from the inevitable deposition.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up