Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...  (Read 6742 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« on: December 01, 2007, 12:25:30 am »

...in Daredevil Valhalla!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 09:40:12 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 12:33:23 am »

Rest in peace, Evel. I hear Valhalla's a nice place. May you feast on the meat of Saehrimnir every night.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 12:44:38 am »

Fuck! At first I refused to believe it was true until I checked the news. Sad day, man.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 01:04:19 am »

I'm not a fan or anything but that's a hell of a thing. A quote from his friend summed it up pretty well 'Superman just doesn't die, right?'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 01:57:50 am »

His last legacy was settling a law suit with kanye west.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 03:18:50 am »

That dude is going to rock Ragnarok. He's gonna straight-up jump over ten school buses and then Fenrir, and the Jotun will have no idea what the shit happened.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 04:17:39 am »

Fuckin' Snake River Canyon, man!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 04:55:44 am »

Evel, there will never be another like you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 04:58:24 am »

Truly, Evel Knievel was like a Bowling Alley.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 05:48:36 am »

That dude is going to rock Ragnarok. He's gonna straight-up jump over ten school buses and then Fenrir, and the Jotun will have no idea what the shit happened.

No man. He's gonna fuck*ng do a barrell roll over Naglfar, just hell of flipping them off and shouting "Fuck you giants! Fuck yooooou and your  ship made of nails!" Then when he reaches the apex of his jump, he'll bite the pin from a grenade and toss it into the boat. They all explode or drown. And right after landing, he'll give a thumbs up to the Æsir and say "You're welcome, but I got shit to jump." Then he'll do a wicked burnout and ride off into the sunset.

This is when Odin starts crying. Someone asks him, "What's wrong Odin?" And he responds "I only wish I had two eyes to see that."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 11:14:47 am »

His last legacy was settling a law suit with kanye west.

Wow, they finally settled that? Word.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 05:16:14 pm »

His last legacy was settling a law suit with kanye west.

Wow, they finally settled that? Word.

OK, I'll bite. Settled what?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 05:51:02 pm »

As far as I know, in the haze of my terrible unending whiteness...

A rapper did, like, a video or an album or something where he so closely parodied Evel's stuff that it fell over the edge from parody into copyright infringement. Lawsuits ensues. Case was settled days before Evel's death.

It was the last thing he was in the news about before he died.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 05:55:06 pm »

No man. He's gonna fuck*ng do a barrell roll over Naglfar, just hell of flipping them off and shouting "Fuck you giants! Fuck yooooou and your  ship made of nails!" Then when he reaches the apex of his jump, he'll bite the pin from a grenade and toss it into the boat. They all explode or drown. And right after landing, he'll give a thumbs up to the Æsir and say "You're welcome, but I got shit to jump." Then he'll do a wicked burnout and ride off into the sunset.

This is when Odin starts crying. Someone asks him, "What's wrong Odin?" And he responds "I only wish I had two eyes to see that."

Example 1 in why I shouldn't write about Norse mythology while drunk.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 09:55:33 pm »

Wow, they finally settled that? Word.


OK, I'll bite. Settled what?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2007-11-27-kanye-knievel_N.htm
Quote from: The AP
Evel Knievel, Kanye West settle lawsuit


TAMPA (AP) — Evel Knievel and Kanye West have worked it out. The 69-year-old iconic motorcycle daredevil said he and West met at his Clearwater condo recently. They settled a federal lawsuit over the use of Knievel's trademarked image in a popular West music video.

Knievel sued West and his record company last year. He took issue with a 2006 music video for the song Touch the Sky, in which the rapper takes on the persona of "Evel Kanyevel" and tries to jump a rocket-powered motorcycle over a canyon.

Knievel failed in his attempt to jump the Snake River Canyon in Idaho in 1974.

West's attorneys argued the video amounted to satire, covered under the First Amendment.

"We settled the lawsuit amicably," Knievel said Tuesday. "I was very satisfied and so was he."

They agreed not to publicly discuss the terms of the settlement, he said. The two had agreed to mediation in July.

Gabriel Tesoriero, a spokesman for West, confirmed the settlement of the lawsuit, in an e-mail Tuesday.

In the lawsuit, Knievel claimed the "vulgar and offensive" images depicted in the video damaged his reputation. And he accused the 29-year-old rapper of using the Knievel image to "promote his filth to the world."

Meeting West changed his mind, Knievel said.

"I thought he was a wonderful guy and quite a gentleman," he said.

Knievel also expressed concern for West, who is grieving the sudden death of his mother earlier this month.

"I know he's had some tough times the past few weeks, and I hope things work out," Knievel said.
Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up