Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...  (Read 6738 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 10:13:55 pm »

God damn, Kanye's got a touch of death going on.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 12:08:37 am »

Example 1 in why I shouldn't write about Norse mythology while drunk.

No man, I liked it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 12:32:02 am »

Example 1 in why I shouldn't write about Norse mythology while drunk.

I would argue that this is in fact Example 1 of why you should write about Norse mythology while drunk all the time. Quite possibly at the professional level.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 02:09:27 am »

Evel would've jumped this thread.

In a perfect world, that Chuck Norris meme would've been an Evel Knievel meme instead.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 02:30:56 am »

In a perfect world, that Chuck Norris meme would've been an Evel Knievel meme instead.

Nah, you don't need to make shit up about Evel.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 03:06:22 am »

I am pretty into the idea that... I am going to make a new thing where instead of talking about some fake-ass guy like Chuck Norris, I am going to talk constantly about Fred Rogers, and how he genuinely was that nice. He genuinely loved his fellow man, and believed that God loves everyone "just the way they are."

I strive to be like him. Every day. In every way.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 04:11:58 am »

Inev is getting hell of sweaters for christmas.

Also Ultimate Showdown.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 04:32:36 am »

I am pretty into the idea that... I am going to make a new thing where instead of talking about some fake-ass guy like Chuck Norris, I am going to talk constantly about Fred Rogers, and how he genuinely was that nice. He genuinely loved his fellow man, and believed that God loves everyone "just the way they are."

I strive to be like him. Every day. In every way.

Me too, man.  Me too. 

The more I learn about Fred Rogers the better I like him.  Closest thing to a true Saint I know of.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 07:13:15 pm »

Re: Asherdan's Lock -
Nice work.

Quote from: Vador
Nah, I'm cool with the lock. This thread has run its purpose, and if A-CAP really wants to have sloppy-ass makeouts with LFM, he can damn sure take it to PM.

Cmon lady, i barely even posted in that thread, i had nothing to do with what that thread did.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:25:30 pm by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Evel Knievel Lands All His Jumps...
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 10:21:39 pm »

A-CAP you are now entirely missing the point of a locked thread. Stop It.

Now I don't know much about Mr. Knievel but I vaguely remember the biggest jump he did was in some messed up rocket car and not a bike. As a random poll was this a legitimate jump or showy BS?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 02:49:02 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up