Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood - Howzitmade?  (Read 1735 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FancieBabie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wudoin.com
Achewood - Howzitmade?
« on: October 25, 2003, 01:53:07 am »

I know Onstad uses Blue Highway font.

wondering if he hand draws and scans in, or uses a tablet like wacom, or draws with a penis, or uses shapes or what. mac? pc? i sort of assume mac.. heh

 :o
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood - Howzitmade?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 01:56:52 am »

You could always e-mail him and ask.

Yeah.

From what he's said in the past, he uses a PC and Adobe Illustrator with a penis.

FancieBabie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wudoin.com
answers - some!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 03:54:36 am »

archived interview from old site

Quote
How do you produce the strip?

As you can probably tell, I have a bank of master character illustrations in Adobe Illustrator [illustration software] that I copy into whatever strip I'm doing. From there I pull things around until their actions more closely match the dialogue. Usually I'm just messing with their arms and eyebrows, to give them expressions. They don't have mouths yet. Mouths are a whole other can of worms that I don't have time for while I still work a day job. Well, maybe Philippe has a mouth. But that's an easy mouth. Two lines.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up