Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!  (Read 6030 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« on: December 03, 2007, 06:44:40 am »

"In fact ... would you upgrade it ... forty-seven times?"

I love how (until the next-to-last last panel) Lyle has the stone-set, nonjudgmental, pragmatic expression of a veteran sex-shop clerk here. He's pure unadulterated business.

As for that next-to-last panel, I can't tell if he's appalled or just had a "eureka" moment.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:48:50 am by HudsonVC »
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 06:49:34 am »

Odd how no matter what the venture Lyle still attracts the same customers.
Or there again maybe not.

It's nice that Nolan got a name though.

How is Lyle suprised by the idea of putting it IN the cup though? Is this a bridge too far even for him? In your answer please show all working and reconcile the fact that this is a guy who was last seen licking a cokehead's bra.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 07:10:40 am »

It's all eureka moment. Every tiny little atom of it is comprised of eureka.

In theory, yes, of course Lyle would think of putting it in the cup.

But he is very drunk most of the time and hence rarely looks beyond the first or second step of any plan.

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 07:11:42 am »

I wonder if it isn't just Lyle's reaction to the extra fifty bucks being offered.  The dude's clearly desperate for his dildoed coffee fix, and Lyle's not even sure he's got that extra three dollars on him in panel seven, but suddenly he's forced to reevalutate the situation.

The fact that Onstad came right out and said Nolan looked like Edgar Allan Poe last time does make this kind of weird, though.  Is this some sort of commentary on Poe himself?  Or did he just happen to be an already-drawn character who looked sufficiently creepy to follow up Garfield's apperance last week?
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 07:16:27 am »

I'm really excited for this arc to end.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 07:17:22 am »

when I get really turned on by something, I say OOH la la!
I am glad this is finally represented in a comic strip.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 07:34:07 am »

I'm really excited for this arc to end.

Melack, sometimes we meet as one mind, but sometimes we are as beings totally alien to one another. This is one of those times. I want the Perky Pervert to spin off to it's own damn strip at this point.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 07:55:48 am »

I always assumed from the first that he was putting the dildo in the coffee.  What does that say about me?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 08:48:38 am »

I think what gets Lyle is Nolan's complete desperation, yeah, and the realization of just how much people are willing to pay for this service. I mean, fifty bucks more for a trivial amount more effort?
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 10:44:35 am »

As for that next-to-last panel, I can't tell if he's appalled or just had a "eureka" moment.
It seems that the alt-text indicates that he's appalled. Duncan stands outside of his "it takes all kinds" tolerance. He seems to get over it pretty quickly, though.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 01:59:05 pm »

For some reason my first thought upon seeing panel 3 was that we can see him shiver with antici
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 02:11:22 pm »

For some reason my first thought upon seeing panel 3 was that we can see him shiver with antici

antici-what? antici-WHAT???
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 02:39:17 pm »

-pation.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 03:26:57 pm »

I always assumed from the first that he was putting the dildo in the coffee.  What does that say about me?

It says that you and I think alike.  Also, am I the only one who wants to quibble about whether this is a dildo or a vibrator?  Two different things, people.  A dildo does not have batteries.

When I first saw the subject line on this thread, I assumed it would be ol' whats-his-name, Arrrrrrrrnold.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Dec. 3, 2007: Oooh la LAAA! La LA LA LA LA!
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 04:27:58 pm »

It says that you and I think alike.  Also, am I the only one who wants to quibble about whether this is a dildo or a vibrator?  Two different things, people.  A dildo does not have batteries.

When I first saw the subject line on this thread, I assumed it would be ol' whats-his-name, Arrrrrrrrnold.

I was going to bring this up a couple of strips ago but decided to let it slide.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up