Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: monk dimin' - december blogs  (Read 5365 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
monk dimin' - december blogs
« on: December 04, 2007, 03:16:23 pm »

1) Ray obviously is pretty baked as he types this.  You do what you have to do to cope, I guess.

2) I was monk-dimin' at 19.  At 25, I'm rocking a pretty hard core U of male pattern baldness.  But I don't shave my head.  A shaved head is a shiny shirt and I'm not a shiny shirt kind of guy.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 05:01:47 pm »

So Ray's not in Australia any more?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 05:51:49 pm »

A shaved head is a shiny shirt and I'm not a shiny shirt kind of guy.

yes

In addition, K.L.I.T.Z. - B - R.E.D.D.Y.? Just askin'.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 08:25:42 pm »

About all I've got in this world is the knowledge that if I live a long time, I ain't gonna bald until late... and even then, very slowly and from the widow's peak first, which is probably the least awful fashion in which to bald.

I'm fat and just a little bit crazy and broke and all sorts of things but I got great hair and I'll have it longer than most people.

I got that. I only wear ballcaps if it's very sunny or if I'm at a ballgame.

If you don't wanna go bald young, only wear hats when you have to. This is key.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 10:17:12 pm »

My dad's dad was bald, but he still has thick, luxurious hair.  It's almost completely gray -- not surprising since he's 64 -- but as he always says, "Better gray than gone." 

Pedro's maternal grandfather had thick beautiful hair just like Pedro's.  He still had every lock when he died, so I'm pretty sure Pedro's never going to go bald.  Even if he does, he's shaved his head a couple of times just to see what it looks like, and he can pull it off better than most white guys I've seen. 

I have to admit, though, that I am kind of looking forward to Pedro going gray because he is going to be one damn fine looking gentleman when he gets to be in his fifties or so.  I mean, he's a rather good-looking guy *now,* but he's got one of those faces that ages particularly well.  Like Sean Connery.  He wasn't nearly as hot as Bond as he is now. 

When I married him, I made an investment. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 10:38:41 pm »

The head-shaving thing just seems exceptionally strange when you remember that Ray is a cat. Does he really think the answer is to rock the Devon Rex look? Or maybe he just wants Teodor to scream when he comes near.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 11:56:02 pm »

based on the whole you-get-it-from-your-mom's-side thing, I am going to go hell of bald. At what age is it normal to start balding, if you go bald?

if I get it from my dad, I will make it to at least 52 with a full head of hair, but it will be pretty grey.


the part I'm really worried about is how all the men on my mom's side are not only bald, but so hairy. SO HAIRY.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 12:07:41 am »

I was getting worried that I had developed a nerve problem. Every time I got out of the shower, I felt this weird tingling sensation in my lower back. Nothing I could do helped... it just took time and eventually went away.

Then my wife spelled it out for me. I was growing a bit more back hair. The tingling feeling was the feeling of the hair drying.

<sigh>
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 02:14:27 am »

I think it's awesome when guys shave their heads. I think that most balding men would look great if they just shaved it off and stopped trying to fool everyone with the comb-over. 
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 02:27:05 am »

my political theory professor has a shaved head, and it is wonderful. we all kind of have crushes on him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 03:33:28 am »

While I am also against the comb-over, I feel that head-shaving is just over-compensation the other way. It takes a very special head shape to pull it off. If you have this head shape, well great. If you don't, well, take comfort in the fact that you are part of the 99.999% of the population who is not Bruce Willis or Michael Jordan.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 03:48:32 am »

How about if a man were to shave everything but the comb-over?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 04:01:10 am »

How about if a man were to shave everything but the comb-over?

Is there a button so's I can give you 42 cans?

Cause I would if I could.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 04:37:41 am »

When it first started, that halloween I shaved a hossshoe and went as "me in 5 years."  I don't know, it really hasn't bugged me at all.  I never considered Rogaine or anything like that because I really hate products and advertising campaigns that work by fostering insecurity*.  Also I just imagine myself holding up a damn mirror to the back of my head every morning trying to see if it's working or not... I fret over enough aspects of myself.

* Oh, historical trivia.  Listerine pretty well invented the practice when in the 30s they popularized the then-obscure technical term "halitosis" to make bad breath sound scarier.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 11:35:03 pm »

I am super blond, like my dad, so the transition to gray should be smooth.  I will probably not lose my hair, but I have a cousin who went old man bald by 23, so, well, I hope I don't lose my hair.  My dad's side is good, my mom's is mixed.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up