Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: monk dimin' - december blogs  (Read 5363 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 04:20:03 am »

Kieth, I can clearly see from your avatar that you are not at all blond. 

You have dark brown curly hair and a mustache. 

Clearly. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 05:20:56 am »

I could stand to go a little bald. My hair is incredibly thick. It's like concrete.

But alas, my dad and my maternal grandpa both have all of their hair. I am doomed to continue with this frizzy poof of wavy brown despair.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 05:29:24 am »

Melack has a satanic number of posts.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 09:18:22 pm »

I'm a bit disappointed to see that 666 posts doesn't have its own special rank.  At 187 posts, you're "Oh, look! 187 posts!" or words to that effect.  I remember this well, because I reached that magic number right after the Virginia Tech shootings (it may have actually been in the thread about the shootings, too, I don't remember) and I felt the need to make another random post somewhere just to avoid arbitrarily looking like a dick.

EDIT:  If Jough or JL can be bothered to change things, does anyone have any ideas?  I nominate "Here's your 1982 Subaru Brat."
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 09:22:17 pm by iron_felix »
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 09:54:14 pm »

Happy? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 10:48:38 pm »

The gold star is a nice touch.
It should be upside down, though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 08:56:52 am »

I was pretty sure it was going to end up Ray had it.

you know what I mean. He always knew the day would come.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 02:54:58 am »

I was going to say, "Who gets 'a lot of flavoring agents' for Christmas?" but then I realized that the answer is, of course, "The Chris Onstad character of the blogs." 

What I don't know is what 'a lot of flavoring agents' is. How many bottles of vanilla extract can one person use? He doesn't even seem to be much of a baker. Does he mean a big set of spices? Gourmet applewood-smoked bacon bits? 

That makes me think - I should have sent him some of that bacon chocolate for Christmas for him to blog about. I could have had it delivered straight from the company, so it's not like he'd have to worry about eating food sent to him by strange people from the Internet.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 03:01:08 am »

I was going to say, "Who gets 'a lot of flavoring agents' for Christmas?" but then I realized that the answer is, of course, "The Chris Onstad character of the blogs." 

What I don't know is what 'a lot of flavoring agents' is. How many bottles of vanilla extract can one person use? He doesn't even seem to be much of a baker. Does he mean a big set of spices? Gourmet applewood-smoked bacon bits? 

That makes me think - I should have sent him some of that bacon chocolate for Christmas for him to blog about. I could have had it delivered straight from the company, so it's not like he'd have to worry about eating food sent to him by strange people from the Internet.

Oooh! You still could, dude. As a belated gift. Or you could arrange to have it sent on his birthday. When is his birthday, anyway? May? I should know this.

Also, I totally hear you on the questionable goods sent by folks on the internet. Having it sent directly from the company is the best idea. If I were Chris Onstad or another intarwub celebrity, I would probably be loath to (for example) let my baby wear clothes that were sent by someone, even if I laundered the clothes. I guess I'm still skeeved by that assassination attempt scene in the film Elizabeth, where they poisoned a dress and one of Elizabeth's ladies-in-waiting put it on and died. I most definitely would not eat cookies or any food item sent by a fan.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2007, 02:56:15 pm »

Hey, why didn't anyone buy me A History of Critters?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2007, 06:59:49 pm »

You haven't written it yet.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: monk dimin' - december blogs
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 08:20:30 pm »

I should know this.


I know what you are saying, but, really..?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up