Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 'nother sale at arby's?  (Read 8379 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« on: October 26, 2003, 11:01:08 pm »

Jeebus, you'd think Onstad was holding a figurine sale, available in person only.

Hope y'all have had a great weekend, at the very least.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 11:31:56 pm »

No shit, this place just shuts down on the weekends, dunnit?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 01:57:08 am »

True story.  Did have a good weekend, though.  Spent the days hanging around at the coffee shop smoking cigarillos and the nights drinking vodka and watching cartoons, so that works for me.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 02:46:55 am »

I've spent the weekend depressurizing from last week, which entirely involved tests and papers and OH MY GOD JESUS CHRIST THE WORKLOAD. I would have posted, but all of my topics would have revolved around "How my low grade on my Japanese midterm will shame my family" or "My History of Science prof: anal or extremely anal?"
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 07:46:15 am »

Saturday, the 25th, was the first day of the board with zero posts from anyone.

I think people were just respecting the silence.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 02:26:30 pm »

I guess it's nice to know that we aren't all Internet geeks with no social life - people actually have other things to do on the weekend?  But since I work the weekends and have more time to surf the web than on other work days, I kind of wish you guys were all geekier.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 03:01:21 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I guess it's nice to know that we aren't all Internet geeks with no social life - people actually have other things to do on the weekend?  But since I work the weekends and have more time to surf the web than on other work days, I kind of wish you guys were all geekier.


I didn't.
I just didn't have anything to say since no one else did. Or something.
I guess I did spend most of the weekend playing games. And tidying the house.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 08:33:57 pm »

I was at the VA Film Festival. This is the first I've been online since noon Thursday. I feel like Beef in that strip a few days ago.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2003, 01:04:29 am »

That was the first time ever with No Posts? I checked in but usually I just respond to other peoples genius with comcomitant stupidity so I left.

I did have some really good Egyptian food over the weekend, and I went to the symphony. And you think all we do is Hula and eat pineapples over here.

There was a belly dancer at the Egyptian place. Rawwwr!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 01:32:19 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

 And you think all we do is Hula and eat pineapples over here.



No we don't!  I, for instance, assumed you'd gotten in an extra hour of surfing and playing the ukelele.  But I forgot you don't get the extra hour.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 01:36:07 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And you think all we do is Hula and eat pineapples over here.


Actually I figured that since your alphabet only has 12 letters that makes all your words crazy long so I figured all you did was wait for other people to finish their sentences.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 02:30:47 am »

HUMUHUMUNUKUNUKUAPUAA.

That is all.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2003, 02:49:17 am »

Come again?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2003, 03:00:33 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Come again?

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa is a name for a type of Hawaiian giraffe. It's exceptionally fun to spell.

As for why "humuhumunukunukuapuaa" in large blue type: I dunno. It seemed like what the board needed.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2003, 03:10:09 am »

Actually, AlohaDawg didn't spend an extra hour doing anything because Hawaii doesn't have daylight savings time.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up