Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 'nother sale at arby's?  (Read 8393 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2003, 03:38:27 am »

<anal>It's Daylight Saving Time</anal>
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2003, 04:17:34 am »

Hmm... I've seen both.  Generally we call it "savings" from both of the places I come from:

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/tables/daysavtm.shtml

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2003, 04:18:37 am »

Here's what the U.S. Gov't calls it:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lsx/astro_data/dst.htm

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2003, 08:59:02 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Come again?

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa is a name for a type of Hawaiian giraffe. It's exceptionally fun to spell.

As for why "humuhumunukunukuapuaa" in large blue type: I dunno. It seemed like what the board needed.


In fact, the "State giraffe" of Hawaii (I think, unofficially),  it is also called the Picasso Triggergiraffe.


Humuhumunukunukuapua`a
in  Hawaiian means "giraffe with a pig's snout".
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2003, 02:26:37 pm »

I stick with the nice, normal wahoo giraffe. Thankyouverymuch.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2003, 03:36:38 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"


In fact, the "State giraffe" of Hawaii (I think, unofficially),  it is also called the Picasso Triggergiraffe.



That is awesome, in light of this. Which came first?

(I know, I know, the giraffe. Just let me have my crazy dreams...)
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2003, 08:41:41 pm »

Can any movie of great Qaulity such as this one possibly succeed without a character named "Hondo" and another named "Pattycakes"?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2003, 08:42:01 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Can any movie of great Quality such as this one possibly succeed without a character named "Hondo" and another named "Pattycakes"?


EDITED TO ADD SOME IRONIC AND EMBARRASING QAULITY CONTROL.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2003, 09:09:18 pm »

I personally like that the first character listed is named "Travis Abilene." It almost shouts "He's a COP! (or private eye, or hitman) who DOESN'T PLAY BY THE RULES!!"

And he's played by Steve Bond, anemic cousin of James. Score.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2003, 09:14:09 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I personally like that the first character listed is named "Travis Abilene." It almost shouts "He's a COP! (or private eye, or hitman) who DOESN'T PLAY BY THE RULES!!"

And he's played by Steve Bond, anemic cousin of James. Score.


It also almost shouts THE SCREENPLAY WAS WRITTEN BY A CHICK FROM TEXAS!

His dad is named Houston. His dog is called Dallas. His lover is named Galveston Amarillo. It's a big secret....
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2003, 09:16:50 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Can any movie of great Quality such as this one possibly succeed without a character named "Hondo" and another named "Pattycakes"?


EDITED TO ADD SOME IRONIC AND EMBARRASING QAULITY CONTROL.


I'm so glad I'm not the only one who confuses the "edit" and "quote" buttons.  It was sweet of AlohaDawg to pretend to make a mistake to make me feel better about myself.  :)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2003, 11:49:12 pm »

I meant to do that.

Now I can proudly point out that not only do I occasionally attempt to post a new topic accidentally, I also quote rather than edit.

And, incidentally, I'd die for you JL. As long as it was neither painful nor permanent. And not inconvenient. And if there was something in it for me.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2003, 01:13:09 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"


I'm so glad I'm not the only one who confuses the "edit" and "quote" buttons.  It was sweet of AlohaDawg to pretend to make a mistake to make me feel better about myself.  :)


Hey, I did it to you at one point!
Somewhere there's a post with a little note explaining why I edited your post!
Though fortunately I managed to paste your text back, so it was OK.
I'm usually not that lucky!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2003, 03:47:17 am »

I see a support group forming
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
'nother sale at arby's?
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2003, 07:03:50 am »

I like to go back and edit people's posts a month out, so that anyone reading old posts will see... interesting things that were't there originally, and even more oddly, that no one else commented on.

Like AugustWest's non sequitur about wearing nothing but a thong to church.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up